2.7 Michael: A Rose and A Hard Place

Rose was pissed. She had no idea that Ashton had planned an attack. What was the point of being here, spying on them if Rose didn't know anything. Then again, she had been fooling around with Michael in some hotel room halfway across the continent. Rose had a bit of an inkling that Michael had done that on purpose.

"Was there an attack at Amira's throne room?" Rose asked Michael as she laid on her stomach, hugging a pillow.

"Hmm?" Michael asked though she was positive he heard him. Rose turned around and pulled the sheet up to cover her chest as Michael smiled at her. "I just saw you naked, don't be shy now." He told her, trying to pull the sheet down. Rose glared at him.

"Was there Michael? My friend just told me about it."

"How did your friend hear?" He asked mildly, sitting up a little.

"How am I supposed to know?" Michael shrugged and kissed her forehead and then the top of her head.

"Yeah, I knew. I didn't want you to go. I wanted you all to myself." Michael whispered against  her hair, a hint of a smirk on his face as he pulled back. Rose scowled. She had lied of course. Queen Amira had just given her a report  of the extent of the damage and the harm that had come to her brother. She demanded to know why Rose didn't inform her of the attack but Rose simply told her she didn't know.

"Did Ashton want us there?" Rose demanded, getting out of bed so she could find her clothes. How stupid could she be? She just bedded the enemy. What had gotten into her?

"Hmm maybe." Michael replied with a shrug. "Why are you getting dressed?"

"Because we can't stay here forever. You didn't reserve this room and we have work to do. I thought you're supposed to follow Ashton's rules."

"Ah who cares." Rose scowled at him. It might have been a combination have having not been told about the attack and allowing herself to sleep with Michael that made her irritated.

"These rules are in place.."

"Fuck the rules Rose!" Michael exclaimed, swinging his feet and throwing his hands in the air as he stood up. Rose scowled, crossing her arms over her chest. "You know I don't give two shits about anything or anyone and.."

"That's just it!" She shouted over him. "You always say you don't give two shits about anything! Does that include me you asshole." Michael frowned. Lucifer why had she said that? She didn't mean to. She wasn't supposed to care about him.

"No, you know that. Of course not." Michael was pretty sure demons didn't have feelings but whatever this aching thing was in his chest, seeing her standing there with this hurt expression on her face, definitely felt like emotion to him.

"Then stop saying it." Rose muttered, picking her jacket up off the floor and walking out the door. In the next instant, Michael felt her Vaporize away and he ground his teeth as he got dressed, not bothering to close the hotel door that Rose left open. As Michael shrugged on his jacket, he stopped outside and tried to find the trail of Rose's vapor but it wasn't there. She didn't want him following her.

----

"Amira, I'm sorry. Michael was distracting me the entire day, making me train recruits and what not. He never told me about the attack and I don't see Ashton or Luke often enough to get information from them." Amira frowned, glaring at her from the throne. It was risky to come to hell but Rose felt she needed to apologize in person.

"I don't want to hear any of your excuses Rose. I know where you've really been. Did you think you wouldn't be followed?" Rose stiffened. "I may trust you to spy on them but I did not trust you to be left alone with them."

"Who is following me?" Rose asked, trying not to sound irritated. Amira had every right to be pissed at her. Rose was a horrible spy. She couldn't supply information and she had let herself fall prey to one of Ashton's most loyal servants.

"It doesn't matter. What matters is that you're not going back there and I forbid you from seeing Michael." Rose became terrified. The Queen was going to kill her. Rose braced for death. But when she didn't disintegrate into ash and didn't feel her soul being pulled from her body, she stared up at Queen Amira confused.

"Are you not going to kill me?" Rose asked.

"Do you want me to?" Amira said with an arched eyebrow.

"I just thought you would my Queen." Rose said in a dull voice.

"Enough of my loyal friends and allies have died Rose. I have no intentions of killing you. You are to remain here, train my recruits and you will never leave hell again unless you ask for my permission. Are we clear?"

"Yes, my Queen." Amira dismissed her with a wave of her hand.

"Get out of my sight." She muttered. Rose swallowed hard and Vaporized into the hallway. She wanted to get away from Queen Amira just in case she changed her mind. As she walked down the hallway, a thought occurred to her. She would never see Michael again. She didn't know if that thought made her happy or not.

----

"What do you mean you don't know where she is?" Ashton demanded glaring at Michael. Luke was smirking at the two of them from his chair in Ashton's room so far, he had obeyed. He hadn't left headquarters or Vaporized away to visit that human girlfriend of his but Michael could tell that he was just itching to go.

"It means exactly that." Michael replied with a sigh. "She disappeared and I can't seem to find her." Ashton cursed.

"Well we can't use her as leverage now." Ashton muttered. "Did she find something out? Did you tell her something?" Michael scoffed.

"I'm offended that you think I would spill trade secrets of your operation." Ashton did not look amused as eh stared back at him. Michael sighed. "I didn't tell her anything. We got in a fight, she Vaporized away. I thought she would be back by now but she's not. Are we going to do something about that?" Ashton sighed heavily, running a hand through his curls.

"No. I could care less about that filthy spy." He spat out. Michael tried to to look offended. "I was going to kill her eventually anyways. She's lucky she got away while she did." He muttered as an after thought.

"You what?" Michael asked. Ashton laughed.

"What? Did you think I would let her live just because you want to fuck her?" Ashton asked. "No. She was Amira's informant. I don't care if we were feeding her false information. I was never going to let her live." Michael felt anger boil up deep inside of him. He was always such a carefree kind of guy but hearing Ashton talk about her like that made him want to kill him.

"Ah come on Michael. I'll help you forget your girlfriend." Luke said, standing. He could sense the tension in the room and if Michael attacked Ashton, it wouldn't end well for anyone. Luke put his hand on Michael's shoulder, nudging him slightly to the open door so they could leave. Narrowing his eyes at Ashton, Michael finally  turned around and walked out, Luke trailing behind him.

"I hate him." Michael muttered.

"Yeah well.." Luke grumbled. "He has a point." Michale glared at him too. "What? I thought you didn't like attachments."

"I don't." Michael grumbled. "She was an exception." Luke sighed.

"Yeah well, looks like you'll never see her again. I have no doubt I my mind if Ashton ever sees her, he will kill her without hesitation." What Michael hated the most about Luke's statement was that it was true and that scared him.