2.2 Ashton: Raise A Little Hell

"Ashton is amassing his army and the demons who have managed to infiltrate his systems report a massive amount of.."

"Shut up." Amira commanded. Dustin became silent immediately. He had noticed how bored Amira had looked. He had hoped it was because technicalities were boring and not because of something else. Because if it was something else, then that meant she might kill him.

Dustin was one of the new trainees to fill Mariah's place. It had been Calum's suggestion and so far the Queen hadn't taken to the idea. She had killed a couple of the demon trainees already. None of them knew what Amira wanted to hear, what to expect from her, not like Mariah had. Everyone sorely missed her for this reason. Amira had become more radical since her death.

Dustin had noticed how she sat up straighter in the middle of his last sentence. She still didn't seem interested in what he was saying but seemed to be fixed on a spot behind them in the court room. "Leave us." She murmured.

"Us? My lady?" Dustin asked nervously. Dustin gasped loudly as a demon knife was pushed through his stomach.

"You heard your queen." A voice hissed behind him. "Leave." Ashton pulled the demon knife out of the man's lower abdomen and pushed him to the ground. He was dead before he hit the stone. Smirking, Ashton bent down and wiped the blood on the back of the man's shirt before shoving it into his waistband. Amira sighed and sat back down on her throne, glaring at her former lover.

"Was that really necessary? I've killed enough trainees already without your help. Soon enough, people will stop signing up." Ashton smiled slowly.

"You're a hard one to please my Queen." Ashton said with a bow. Amira rolled her eyes at him. He was right of course but had wasn't about to tell him that.

"What do you want Ash?" Amira said not even bothering to get up from her seat. Instead she eyed her perfectly manicured nails and looked down upon him disdainfully.

"You of course My Queen." Amira's heart beat quickened. "And your kingdom." Amira burst out laughing.

"So you want things out of your reach?" Ashton shrugged.

"I wouldn't say they're out of my reach darling." Ashton Vaporized, only to reappear just in front of her, his hands on the armrests of her throne and his face inches from her. "I'd say you're in my reach." Ashton murmured. Who is to say who kissed who first, since they both leaned in at the same time but once they started, there was barely a thing that could stop them.

"You are a pain in my ass." Amira growled against his lips. Ashton smirked.

"I hope so." He murmured, his hands moving down her back. Amira stood up, just so she could have a better grip on him. Her arms locked behind his neck and she had firmly pressed herself against him. "Because you have an amazing ass." Amira hit his chest lightly, making him laugh before he went back to kissing her. The pair had never felt so good as they did in that moment. And then it was ruined.

"Dustin!" Someone screamed bursting into the throne room. A girl with red hair rushed to his body as Amira and Ashton moved away from each other.

"Who the fuck are you?" Amira asked with an angry sigh. The girl looked up, fire in her eyes.

"Ariel, I'm his girlfriend and you killed him." For her credit, she was brave enough to try to attack the Queen, just not fast enough. Ashton stepped in between her and Amira and pulled out his knife faster. The blade was in her chest before she even knew he had moved.

"Careful, you're talking to the Queen." The girl gasped for air as she slowly died. Ashton pushed her back off the knife and she fell backwards onto Dustin's body.

"You're creating a pile. Don't be messy Ashton." Amira scolded. "Guards!" She sang out. They entered immediately. "Please explain to me how she got past security?" Nobody answered. "You're lucky I don't kill you. I need you. Take their bodies to the fire." One of the guards cleared their throats as the glanced over at Ashton who was brushing his hair back.

"And what about um.. Ashton ma'am?"

"Did I say anything about Ashton?" Amira snapped at him. The guards shook their heads. "Then why bring it up?" The guards immediately grabbed the bodies of the two dead demons and left the throne room, slamming the doors shut behind them.

"Good guards are hard to come by aren't they." Ashton said wrapping his arms around Amira's waist from behind.

"Tell me about it." Amira grumbled. "I can only really count on Calum."

"At least he works hard. I have two idiots for friends. They don't do shit. One of them disappears all the fucking time and the other is just lazy as fuck and he doesn't follow any of my orders."

"Michael and Luke?" Amira asked turning to look at him. Ashton smirked.

"So you do have insiders." Amira narrowed her eyes at him and pushed him away.

"Please, like you don't have insiders here." Ashton chuckled.

"Touché." Amira sighed and walked back to her throne.

"Why don't we stop pretending here Ashton. I know you hate me because I let you go all those years ago but grow the fuck up." Ashton smiled slowly. "You're not just doing this so you can rule hell, you want to make me suffer. Anger isn't your best emotion babe. You were never good at it."

"But I am good at holding grudges."

"Perhaps." Amira sat back down on her throne. She licked her lisp slowly.

"And you should also know that I would take you back, if you just stopped being stubborn and asked." Ashton shook his head.

"I'm not one to grovel my lady." He paused "If I remember correctly, you were always the one who got on their knees." Amira didn't blush because she wasn't embarrassed and it was true. "Besides, having you back, that's not good enough for me now."

"Are you sure about that Ashton." Amira said, Vaporizing towards him. "Don't you remember how good I made you feel." She whispered into his ear, touching the muscles on his arm. Ashton did a sharp intake of breath. "How good I can still make you feel?"

"I have never forgotten but as they say.. That's all in the past." Ashton stepped away from her and tried to slow down his heart rate. "Until next time my queen."

"Leaving so soon?" Amira asked with a small smirk.

"Afraid so my Queen." Amira turned away.

"End this Ashton, before you make me really angry." She turned back to look at him as he bowed yet again. He was smiling when he came back up.

"But I always loved it when you were angry." With a laugh Ashton disappeared.