1.4 Ashton: Right Hand

"Mariah!" Amira called out. She was somewhere in the Underworld attending to some business but wherever she was, she would be able to hear Amira. After waiting for a minute or two, a black cloud appeared in front of Amira. Mariah was already bowing at the waist.

"Sorry for the wait my Queen I had some things to deal with."

"It's fine." Amira said touching her shoulder, she rose slowly. Her ever present clipboard was still in her hands. While she had never personally made fun of Mariah's clipboard, since she thought it was an efficient method to keep orders and lists, Amira had seen other demons make fun of her clipboard. Mariah immediately shows them how handy it can be by beating anyone up who disagrees with her about it.

The first time Amira had seen it, she couldn't mask how impressed she was and Amira didn't stop her from nearly murdering the demon, since he deserved it. Mariah has fought off several demons before with that clipboard of hers and Amira was glad she could. Turning random objects into weapons is a good skill to have.

"What is it you need from me?" Amira shrugged lightly.

"I just needed you to pick up a message from Rose. She hasn't checked in for a week now but she said she can give that Michael kid a slip and meet someone down on 34th street." Mariah nodded slowly. "It's important and I only trust you and Calum with important things." Mariah smiled.

"Of course my Queen. Am I on a time limit?"

"Eleven, that's when Rose will be there on the corner." Mariah bowed.

"If that is all then I will get back to.. What I was doing." Amira smiled.

"Where were you?"

"The torture chamber of course." Mariah smiled wickedly. You would never be able to tell that Mariah often frequented the torture chamber because she never had a hair out of place, her clothes were never crumpled and she never had blood on her hands.

"You can return." She bowed again.

"Thank you my Queen." And then she disappeared in a cloud of swirling smoke.

----

"She's meeting someone from the Queen's court at 34th at eleven." Michael informed Ashton with a careless smile.

"Who?" He demanded. Michael shrugged.

"Hell if I know." Ashton rolled his eyes at Michael. "I say we kill whoever she's passing the message onto though." Ashton ran a hand through his hair thoughtfully.

"You can't kill Calum." Michael dropped his feet to the ground, which had once been propped up on the table.

"She's going to talk to Calum?" He demanded, jaw a little slack. "That creepy bastard?" It was Ashton's turn to shrug.

"Amira only trusts two people and this is important to her. So it's either going to be Mariah or Calum."

"So if it's Mariah can we kill her?" Michael questioned.

"No."

"No? Ashton.."

"I said no." Ashton growled at him. "If it's anyone but Mariah and Calum then you can kill them but if not, you do not approach. You got that?" Michael scowled.

"Fine." He disappeared. Ashton scoffed.

"Someone find me Luke!" He shouted at the top of his lungs.

----

Mariah received Rose's message without trouble and after telling her to be safe and parting ways, Mariah headed down the street toward one of the entrances to hell while Rose Vaporized.