3.5 Michael: Run the World

Rose Vaporized into the room but before she could take a step, someone had a demon knife against her throat. "Now is that any way to greet someone?" Rose demanded. She felt Michael press his lips against the back of her head and she smiled as he dropped his arm, tossing the knife into the nearby table.

"What do I owe the pleasure?" Michael asked with a smirk.

"I have a proposition for you."

"I'm not joining Ashton and Amira's stupid army. I'm done with them and their shit." Rose smiled broadly.

"So am I. That's not what I can here to ask you." Michael arched an eyebrow quizzically and leaned back against the wall as he stared at her.

"Then what did you come to ask?"

"Lets run away together." Michael looked more surprised than ever now. "The war is done, it never really started. I'm sick of following Amira's rules, Ashton's rules. I just want to be free. I've been a demon for nearly two hundred years and can you believe I've never even left America before?" Michael chuckled.

"So you want to go on a demon road trip?" Rose smiled a little.

"Yeah, we can cause a little chaos on the way if we like. It's funny to watch the humans run around in terror." Michael stoped closer to Rose, pushing a lock of hair behind her ear.

"I thought you hated me."

"I slept with you." He shrugged.

"You could have fucked me just to get it out of your system. I half expected to never see you again. That's why I was worried when you showed up three days ago." Rose shrugged.

"I wasn't in any danger." Michale frowned.

"Ashton wanted to kill you."

"You think I can't take care of myself?" Rose asked, her hands on her hips. "I would have killed the two of you before you could lay a hand on me."

"Two of us?" Michael asked quizzically.

"Oh, right. Well, since Amira and Ashton are together now I guess I can tell you. Luke was on Amira's side." Michael frowned. "Not the whole time but when I reported to Amira that Luke had an unhealthy obsession with a human hunter, she threatened him, promised to protect the girl from Ashton's blah blah blah. He agreed and for the past month or so has been keeping tabs on Ashton. I was merely a distraction the whole time. I needed to get an edge over one of you and Luke was my edge." Michael cursed under his breath.

"So while Ashton and I were looking at you.."

"Luke could come and go as he pleased and feed Amira information. He's not very loyal is he?" Rose asked with a smirk.

"I don't know. I think you're right about that unhealthy obsession. She tortured him and he's still going to try to break her out of prison." Rose made a face.

"Why is she in prison?" Michael shrugged a little.

"Something to do with possessed cops and dead bodies. The point is, she's the damn Bloody Orphan." Rose's eyes widen at this revelation.

"Her? I thought she had blonde hair?" Michael shrugged.

"Guess not. Luke said it was her though. She gave that whole spiel about her dead family and how it was Luke's fault our our fault I guess and blah blah blah. She sounds like a bitch."

"I don't know if someone killed my whole family I'd be pretty damn upset too."

"I thought somebody did kill your family." Rose rolled her eyes.

"Yeah but I hated them. I sold my soul for my brother, so he'd shave a happier life without his big sister and our shitty parents. He did pretty well for himself."

"I'll say." Michale grumbled, thinking back to the large buildings adoring the skies of New York, Rose's last name plastered over them. She had explained how her brother and is children and great grand children ran a giant import and export company. She was proud of him and sometimes, visited her family just to see who they were doing.

"Anyways.. What do you think about my offer?" Michael pretended to think about it.

"So we'd travel around the world together."

"Yup."

"Just the two of us."

"Did you plan on inviting someone else?"

"And you won't care if we ruin a few lives along the way?"

"Why would I?"

"Because you're such a stickler for laying low, not getting caught, staying alive."

"Are you saying you don't want to break a few bones, destroy several marriages or cause general mayhem in Irish pubs?" Michale chuckled.

"No, I love the idea. Let's fuckin do it." Rose kissed him then, smiling happily.

"I can't believe I got you." Michael says, wrapping his arm around Rose's waist. "You hated my guts, you didn't want anything to do with me."

"Yeah well, I always had a thing for bad boys when I was alive."

"Then aren't you attracted to every demon you meet?" Michale asked with a smirk.

"Nope. Some of them look old as fuck." Michael laughed.

"So if I wasn't in this young teenage boy you wouldn't have gone for me." Rose thought about it for a second.

"Hmm. Maybe not."

"Don't lie. I know you only want me for my damned soul."

"I admit nothing." When they kissed again, Michael plunged them in limbo, Vaporizing them halfway across the world to Rome.

"The colosseum." Rose murmured, pulling away lightly. "Nice touch."

"Only the best for you." He replied as he entwined their hands.

A/N:
Sorry for the short part and if the story seems a little inconsistent at some points. I started writing Chthonic when I was a junior in high school I believe and I'm just now finishing it as a junior in college sooo there's that.