3.7 Luke: Chaos

Hailey sat in her cell, dreaming of killing Luke

Hailey sat in her cell, dreaming of killing Luke. He had left her to rot in this stupid jail in this crummy town and if she did get off on an insanity plea, she was going to spend the rest of her life hunting him down, assuming she could escape whatever insane asylum they put her in.

Every now and then, a police officer would walk by to check on her. Hailey was keeping up the rouse that she was insane by marking all the walls in every demonic symbol she could think of and whispering and muttering to herself about killing demons, vampires and werewolves. Some of the officers were too scared to tell her to stop what she was doing. Hailey had to admit, if a small frail teenager kept raving about demons and had killed two of your fellow officers, she might be a little hesitant too.

Hailey hadn't given them any information about her but she was sure they would figure it out eventually. They'd trace her DNA back to her dead families and then the jig would be up. Her aunt would come, younger cousin in tow and probably disown her, want nothing to do with Hailey because of what's she's done. Her aunt was very mild mannered, if she found out that Hailey had killed people and kept talking about monsters, she would want to distance herself from her, despite the fact that Hailey was under her care.

"You're really playing this whole thing up aren't you." Hailey almost screamed when she heard his voice. Instead, she slowly turned around, dropping the chalk she had found under the bed and glared at Luke as he sat on the rickety bed she had been sleeping on for the past three days.

"I want to get off on an insanity plea." Was Hailey's quiet reply. Luke smirked, standing.

"Why don't you just come with me right now." He held out his hand to her but Hailey didn't want to take it. She would rather rot in jail than go anywhere with him. Luke rolled his eyes. "Oh come on Hailey. I just wanted to get you off my back. Let me help you."

"Why do you want to help me?" Hailey hissed, shoving his hand away as he stepped closer to him. "You're a demon. You shouldn't care about me. You shouldn't want to help me. Why haven't you killed me for trying to kill you." Luke rolled his eyes.

"Because I like you. Isn't that obvious?" Hailey didn't know what to say to that. Demons couldn't like people. She would know, she'd met a lot of demons. That being said, she'd never met a demon quite like Luke. But then again, she had also never spent longer than thirty minutes with a demon and she had known Luke going on nearly two months now.

"You don't like me."

"I do. Now let's get out of here. The guards are coming back around." Hailey could hear the heavy footfalls of Officer James and against her better judgement, she took Luke's hand and squeezed her eyes shut.

This time, when Hailey was in limbo, all she could feel was the cold hands of death gliding past her body and hear the shrill sailings of lost or damned souls. The air smelled foul and made Hailey want to cough or maybe throw up, she wasn't sure which. The voices around her whispered awful things, making her want to open her eyes but she knew that was a bad idea. If she opened her eyes, she would only see her worst nightmares.