1.8 Ashton: Red Hot

"She's just being a bitch." Ashton grumbled.

"You killed her best friend." Luke pointed out as he tossed a knife in the air and caught it by the tip of the blade.

"We're demons! We don't have best friends! We don't have feelings!" Ashton shouted at him. Luke shrugged. He wasn't so sure that was true anymore. He knew he was heartless, yeah. He also knew that he could kill people and not fell remorse but when he kissed Hailey, he felt something he hadn't felt in a very long time.

"But we do get angry." Luke reminded him. It was about the only emotion they were all certain they felt.

"That's different." Ashton grumbled.

"I don't see how." Luke said with a shrug. Ashton didn't reply, just continued to pace. Amira had demanded to see him again. Her voice, in his head, sounded solemn and tense. He knew they would fight again and he was just trying to prolong the inevitable. While Ashton wanted the throne and wanted to hurt Amira, he didn't like seeing her upset like this. "Just go see what she wants."

"I'm going to." Ashton snapped at Luke, who raised his hands defensively and rolled his eyes.

"Alright, sheesh." Ashton scoffed.

"Don't you save someone else to bother?" Luke smirked a little.

"Sort of." Ashton knew that look. It meant Luke was chasing some girl.

"The go be a nuisance somewhere the fuck else." Luke nodded his head dutifully and Vaporized from Ashton's presence. Ashton sighed when he was finally left alone. He knew he couldn't avoid Amira forever. Eventually she would have her way, whether he liked it or not and he knew he had better get moving before she sent her brother after him. Ashton Vaporized.

----

Amira sat in the throne room wearing simple shorts and a red shirt. At least, Ashton thought it was red. Upon closer inspection though he realized the shirt wasn't red, it was white and it was stained in blood. "Glad you could finally make it." Amira muttered, barely glancing up at him.

"Love the choice in outfit." Ashton commented. Amira rubbed the hem of it and nodded slowly, glaring down at him from her throne.

"I like it as well." Amira uncrossed her legs and stood up, walking towards her.

"You look well."

"Cut the crap Ashton." Amira hissed into his ear. Ashton didn't shudder but stood strong and proud as Amira walked around him. "I didn't call you here so we could make small talk."

"Then why did you call me?" Ashton asked glancing down at her as she came around his left side. Amira frowned.

"I called you here so I could kill you." Producing a knife, Amira lashed out. Ashton ducked, catching her hand.

"Now, you're just being unreasonable." Amira growled and swung her leg out, hitting the back of Ashton's knees. He buckled a little and let go of Amira who then spun around and kicked him in the back. Ashton hit the ground but before Amira could stab the demon blade into the back of his heart, he Vaporized.

"Stop moving!" Amira shouted, whirling around.

"Then it wouldn't be any fun." Amira chucked the knife at him and he dodged it. The knife clanged against the wall behind him. As he turned back around, he was just in time to catch Amira's arm as she tried to stab him with another knife. Ashton pulled Amira's arm behind her body and twisted it. Amira simply growled and stomped on his foot before elbowing him in the ribs.

"I would rather finish this sooner than later." Amira growled.

"Then you should have sicker your brother after me."

"You think he's a better fighter than me!" Amira snapped at Ashton. He shrugged.

"He certainly would have finished me off by now." Amira growled and the two continued to fight. It was more like a sparring match though. Both of them were equally matched and while Ashton had been partially right,  Calum could have killed Ashton quicker, Amira wanted to satisfaction of doing it herself and didn't want her brother to get hurt, just in case Ashton gained the upper hand.

"You're not even fighting back!" Amira shouted as Ashton Vaporized once more. Amira had noticed how he'd mostly dogged, blocked or even just taken her attacks head on. He didn't do much in the hurting Amira department.

"Because there's no point in wasting my energy."

"I'm a waste of your energy!" Amira shouted at him. Ashton scoffed.

"Now you're just twisting my words." Amira huffed and stomped her foot. "Don't throw a temper tantrum." Ashton said rolling his eyes. When he looked back at Amira, she had disappeared. Ashton had just enough time to turn around before Amira stabbed him.

"Fucking hell!" Ashton shouted. Because he had turned around, instead of the dagger going into his heart, it stabbed him in his lungs. Amira pulled it out as Ashton began to bleed.

"I told you to stop moving." Amira muttered as blood blossomed on Ashton's shirt. Ashton grabbed Amira's wrist and twisted her hand breaking it. The knife fell from it. "Ashton!" Amira shouted, hitting him over the back of his head before fixing her wrist.

"Stop moving." Ashton repeated to her tauntingly.

"Oh real mature." Amira said, rolling her eyes before Ashton pushed. "Now who's throwing a tantrum."

"You wanted me to fight, let's fight." Amira smiled slowly before getting down into a fighting stance, Ashton rolled his eyes. When Amira tried to kick him in the chest, Ashton grabbed her leg and threw her back. Amira hit the wall and Ashton stalked forward. Amira pulled out another knife and Ashton wondered where she was getting them from as he disarmed her.

"No more of that." He growled in her ear.

"But you like fighting dirty." Amira whispered back before kneeing him in the gut and then punching the very place she had stabbed just moments ago. Ashton hadn't closed up the wound yet. Her grit his teeth and pinned her arms to the wall.

"Let go of me Ashton." Amira grumbled trying to remove her wrists from the wall but Ashton's hold held tight.

"I thought you liked this." Ashton murmured into her ear. Amira ground her teeth and bit her lip. She would not give into him. She would not give into him. Amira would not give into Ashton.

"Let. Go. Of. Me." Amira hissed. But their faces were inches from each other, bodies pressed together. There was no going back now. When Amira and Ashton kissed, it was like a volcano erupting. It was angry, red and hot. It had been so long since the two had last kissed and they couldn't believe what they had been missing out on. "Fuck you." Amira hissed at one point, trying to push Ashton back.

"Please." Was his reply. Amira threw the voice screaming at her to stop out the window of her mind and let what was happening, happen. Ashton released her arms and Amira locked them around his neck while he gripped her waist tightly. Ashton almost let it slip that he had missed this, missed her. But he couldn't say it. He couldn't forgive her for tossing him aside like yesterday's trash.

"Stop!" Amira finally shouted, shoving him away. He ended up at nearly the middle of the throne room. Both of them were breathing heavily, staring at each other. "Get the fuck out of here!" Amira shouted, pointing up and away. Ashton chuckled.

"Whatever you say my Queen." Ashton bowed and Vaporized halfway through it. Alone in her throne room, Amira touched her lips and wrapped an arm around her middle. She felt good, really good. She hadn't felt this good since.. Since Ashton had first left, since she sent him away. And now, she hadn't killed him like she had promised herself she would, like she had promised Mariah she would. Part of her was angry at herself, the other part was elated.