18

Heeseung and Saehoo at the tteopeokki stall. The weather is cold and the wind was blowing calmly.

" Heeseung-ah, it's been a long time since we didn't hang out together. I miss that when we high school, we always hang out together. Almost every day."  Saehoo said while chewing her tteopeokki.

" Yes, I miss that moment too. I wish we can still build a new memory again between us. Yah, I forgot to ask you. You work as what now? You already graduate your studying in the United States."

" I work as - "  Saehoo can't finish her words because Heeseung's phone is ringing.

" Wait for a while, I answer this call." Saehoo nodded and continue chewing her tteopeokki.

" Oh did I speak on the phone too long?" Heeseung back to his seat.

"No, I'm okay here. Who called you just now?" Saehoo asked.

" Oh Jungwon. Your ex lovely crush ever."  Heeseung teased.

" Yah, don't say that."  Saehoo pinches Heeseung's arm. " Why did he call you?"

" He invites me to the party at his house this week."  Heeseung said while rubbing his arm who already get pinched by Saehoo.

" Can I join you?" Saehoo asks.

" Are you okay with that? Yes I'm sure that Jungwon is okay if you join me, but you. Are you already move on with him? " 

" Yes, I already move on a long time ago. So don't worry. I'm okay. I still can befriend with him right?" Saehoo explained.

" Until now you didn't share with me why you suddenly wants to move on from him. Did you already confess to him? Or you already fall in love with someone else while you're studying abroad huh?" Heeseung asks confusedly.

"  I already confessed to him before I go study abroad. I said that I have had a crush on him for almost 3 years." Saehoo explained.

" and what he said? "

" He just sees me as his best friend not more than that,"  Saehoo said while sipping her drinks. 

"And one more thing he said to me."

" What? Did he say that he will consider your confession?" Heeseung said excitedly.

"No, he said that his heart  for someone else."

" Who?" Heeseung asks curiously.

" His heart is for Choi Yeonja."

_______________________________________

After dinner, Yeonja cleaned up the kitchen. " What happened to him? He was very weird. Sometimes his mood is swing, sometimes he was okay. Is he  psycho or what?  Yeonja nagging while washing the dishes. " Oh tomorrow is my salary day. Woah already one month I be a maid in this house. Two months to go. Yeonja, fighting!"  Yeonja whispered to herself.

"Ehem."  Jay cleared his throat while open the refrigerator and taking a bottle of water.

Yeonja was startled. " Sir, do you want anything?" Jay walks towards Yeonja while staring at her. They was just inch apart now. Jay open her hands and took a glass from the cabinet which at the top of the place was Yeonja standing. Yeonja face was inch apart with Jay's chest now. Yeonja's face was getting red as a tomato. She failed to let go herself from that state.She avoid Jay's gaze when she catch that Jay still looking at her after he tooks the glass from the cabinet.

" This weekend let's go to Jungwon's party." Jay said while walking to the kitchen counter.

Yeonja open her eyes widely as a sign she was very excited about it. "Seriously sir?! You allowed me to go with you?."  Without her notice, she was holding Jay's hand right now.

" Do you want me to change my mind?"

"Hehe no, I'll go with you." Yeonja smiled sheepishly.

"Oh I thought that you were very excited to meet your friend until you can't let go of my hand." Jay rolled his eyes.

Yeonja let go of his hand awkwardly. "O-oh I'm sorry. Do you need anything else, sir?" Yeonja asks.

"No, by the way, tomorrow is my off day. " Jay said while gluping his water.

"And tomorrow was my salary day." Yeonja interrupts.

"Oh yes, you wait here for a while." Jay go upstairs and take something.

" Here, your first salary." Jay gives an envelope to Yeonja and he go back to his room and Yeonja sits at the kitchen counter while counting her salary.

"Yah, I think that crazy Jay was miscalculated this money.  Is not the same amount that wrote in the contract."

Jay lying on his bed. Again. He can't sleep. "Yah why she holding my hand. My heart beating as hell just now. I also can't understand myself."

Suddenly someone knocked on his door. When he was about to open the door, there have something was tucked under his door.

" Why have an envelope here?" Jay open the envelope and it has some money and a piece of note in there.

" Sir, I thinks you were miscalculated my salary. So here is the balance. Thank you."

Jay chuckled himself.

" God, she is different".

_______________________________________

Tomorrow morning, Yeonja prepared the breakfast as usual.

" Sir Jay! Breakfast is ready." Yeonja knocked on Jay's door.

"Maybe he still asleep. Never mind, let him sleep."  Yeonja put the breakfast on the tray and put it on the table in Jay's room. Yeonja take a piece of paper and pen.

"Sir, enjoy your off day! Here the breakfast. I'll go out for a while. I promise that I'll come home early."

                                            -ugly maid-

______________________________________

"Here, only this amount I can give first. The balance I'll pay it next month." Yeonja gives the money to the hospital counter.

" Hye Yeonja! How are you?"

"Oh Hye doctor Jake. I'm fine. How about my younger sister? Is she good? Can I meet her?"

"Your younger sister condition is quite stable now. But don't worry, we'll try my best to maintain her stability  until the operation day has come."

" Please help me sir, I'll try my best to find some money as soon as possible." Yeonja explained with teary eyes.

"Don't worry too much Yeonja, the sell is doesn’t develop to her whole brain yet, so we can still control it." Doctor Jake patted Yeonja's shoulder.

"But Yeonja, you must take care of yourself too, your will getting worse if you ignore your health condition right now.

"I don't even care about my health condition right now. As long as, Yeonji can through her life as normal like other people."

______________________________________

dont forgot to vote bestiee ! <33333