×5O

“For Christ's Sake, Blake!”
“What!?” Blake shouted.

“You're doing this again! Come back here!” Echo shouted. Blake didn't reply as he climbed the fire escape of a building. "For all I know you are the last human to roam earth freely!”

“Hahaha, no I'm not! You don't know for sure.” Blake said. His flame thrower was securely strapped to his back as he climbed the ladder. When he reached the third floor, he took the liberty of knocking the window out.

“If I die, I just want you to know it's your fault and I will haunt you.” Echo added and climbed up after him. Blake only laughed in response.
“I thought you didn’t believe in ghosts!” He said, climbing through the window. “Whoa! This place is loaded!” He clicked his tongue, "Noice." Blake said just when Echo reached the window.

Blake started to pack the endless supply of non spoiled food. “I love this apartment!” Blake whistled as he tried to be as not quiet as possible.

“Blake! Keep it down! One of the scouting robots are nearby.” Echo hissed as she hid behind the wall.
“Huh?” Blake said as he bumped over a vase by accident. Immediately the scouting robot's sight was turned to the apartment building.

Echo's eyes widen as the teardrop shaped machine came closer to them. Echo glared at Blake, who shrugged innocently, “Oops.”

The robot smashed through the windows and immediately started to scan Blake. Dropping the bag, he aimed his flamethrower at the robot. Echo dodged before Blake's finger pulled the trigger.

“HOT! TOO HOT!” Echo shouted as the robot's exterior started to melt. That what was left behind was a black teardrop thing that floated there for a moment before it dropped dead. The weight of the robot was too much for the floor so it crashed straight through to the bottom.
“Well done! Now those assholes know you are still here.” Echo said.
“Well then, BRING IT ON FUCKERS! THERE'S PLENTY MORE WHERE THAT CAME FROM!" Blake shouted, blasting a couple of flames into the air, making Echo wince. They were about to tell Blake to be careful, when Echo heard more commotion outside.
“More robots…” Echo said, tackling  Blake and covered his mouth before he could scream out another word. Blake struggled to breathe. Echo was too focused on the commotion outside and only then paid attention to Blake who suddenly went limp.

"Shit!" Echo said, but luckily saw Blake was just unconscious. Echo moved to the window only to see something truly shocking.
More humans...

Meanwhile
Theday before...
Zac and James along with Stacy and their group's co captain sat in a meeting with the generals to talk strategy. For the most part the mission would go smoothly if they avoid detection. Both teams' captains will have communication to each other to alert each other in case something were to go wrong.

“Find surviving animals and humans. We must know as much as possible. Even if it's a fraction of a chance to get somewhere.” Richard started, pulling out maps they had of the surface to show them more or less what it looks like. “The buildings are destroyed. Keep that in mind as you search. If you encounter one of these, stay away from them. Don't try to fight them.”

“What are they?” Stacy asked.
“They are scouts. They look for any signs of a human. They have a tough exterior like the aliens themselves. When the aliens arrived, these fuckers were sent out ahead to detain any human they came across. They’re still active to this day.” Zac looked up at the picture. It was a bit blurred, but it definitely looked dangerous.

“We will give it our all to get information as much as we possibly can.” James said.
“Yeah, those freaks won't get us down.” Stacy agreed. Richard looked at the four of them.