×21O

Richard didn't bother knocking before he entered the Duke's office. He waltzed in almost as if he owned the place.

“General!” The Duke said with a broad smile on his face as he turned in his chair to face his visitor. He motioned to Richard to sit down in a manner that made it seem like they were friends.
“Let's have a drink! Come on!”

I wamt to smack that grin of his face!
“You wanted to see me?” Richard said as he took in his surroundings for any hint of Patrick Smith being an alien. Nothing. The office looked almost like his own office. He remained standing as Patrick poured two glasses of brandy.

It was slightly bigger and not as fancy as one would expect. Plain grey walls with some framed certificates and pictures of Patrick with Billy, both smiling broadly at the camera. Billy looked like a normal, everyday human in the picture, and if anyone were to glance at it, they would've thought he was nothing more than just a happy little boy, posing with his father.

But Richard knew better. This was the same person, no, alien, that nearly killed his only son, and kidnapped the Alpha team to take them to do God knows where. Richard shuddered, and he felt himself involuntarily glaring holes into the picture, before turning back to look at the Duke just when he had sat down, reclining back into his chair. Maybe he can get some info out of Patrick.

“Yes, I wanted to see you. It's been awhile since you reported to me.” He began and laced his fingers together as he leaned forward onto his desk. He had a somewhat tense posture, his eyes also shining a bit with worry.
Richard narrowed his eyes in suspicion. “So, what's the situation? How are Team Omega and Alpha doing? Are the teams back?”

“Team Alpha is still on the surface. We're working to get them back to the bunker.” Richard started, trying not to let any venom seep into his words.

“Hm, I knew Team Alpha would do great! After all, my son is part of the team.” The Duke said, a proud smile growing on his face.

Richard looked at the framed picture that had him with Billy standing next to each other. “Richard…it feels like you're hiding something.” Patrick then said, his smile fading.

Richard's head spun, trying to read the Duke's expression. He seemed genuinely worried, completely oblivious to what had happened on the surface. It didn't make any sense!

Richard opened his mouth to speak, but closed it again to lean forward on to the desk, meeting with Patrick's brown eyes. No, he wasn't going to back down. He needs answers.
“I can say the same for you.” Richard said, voice low and threatening.

“What do you mean?” Patrick asked, confused.

“Captain Spacey found a young man on the surface…” Richard began. Patrick's eyes stayed fixed on Richard's eyes.

“Oh? Is the lad alive?” Patrick said.

“Yes…and his name is Blake Smith.”

At that, Patrick's eyes widened, but then he frowned. “Should I know him?” Patrick asked, smiling a bit with confusion.
“Many people have the same last name as mine, you know.” Patrick said and leaned back into his chair.

“Yes, that is very true…but you only have a son with that name. Not everyone has the same full name, you know.” Richard shot back.

“Records show that he was four when the invasion started and then he suddenly disappeared when he was around nine. No clues. No leads. Nothing. I don't suppose you know what happened to those records, do you?” Richard asked, his voice dangerously calm.

“I have no idea what you are talking about. The only son I have is Billy.” Patrick said, glaring at Richard. Richard narrowed his eyes at Patrick.

“Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but it's been discovered that Billy is an alien. We have footage proof.” Richard said. Patrick visibly paled, his mouth opening and closing like a fish gasping for air on dry land, unable to say anything and the words dying in his throat.