×9O

Gracie sunk down to their knees as she heard the unfortunate news of what had happened to Team Alpha and why. Stacy looked absolutely horrified, her hand over her mouth. Did that really happen? Did Zac even survive? What about the rest of the team? “We must go look for them!” Stacy said, snapping out of her shock.

“I'm afraid that it's too late. The team was taken away by scouts, and as for Zac…” Richard really tried to keep his composure. Richard left the room, excusing himself as he did. Everyone felt sorry for him. Everyone knew how close Zac and Richard were, and Richard would've done anything for the boy...

The once quiet atmosphere in the control room was soon replaced with tension. Today surely is a lot to take in for a few people.

Richard walked down the hallway on his way to see Diana, when he walked straight into Dr. Tristan who was rushing to go see his wife and daughters.

“Sorry, General...I was- Are you alright?” Dr. Tristan asked. I always hated that question... Richard thought.
“I'm fine, Jeremy...You should go check up on your daughters and wife...Don't let me hold you back.” Richard said with a small, sad grin and pushed past him. Jeremy nodded and started to make his course to where Stacy, Gracie and Lieutenant Tristan was, but...

“We'll talk later then. I can see you need someone to talk to right now.” Jeremy said and turned the corner. Richard stared at where Jeremy was standing.

He then proceeded to the ‘cell’ where Diana was placed in after she got cleaned up. He needed answers from her.

“Captain.” Richard said immediately. The only thing that separated the two of them was a thick, bullet proof glass.
“Tch.” She answered. Richard decided to ignore that.
“What happened after you reported in that the team was taken? How'd you escape?” Richard asked, his voice firm and his face stone cold.

“I guess I got lucky. What's your point? Besides, you didn't bother to go look for any survivors. It makes me sick to see how afraid you are of those things. Fear is what got us underground.”

“Well, you are very right there. The fear of being found was too much and we needed to work undetected.” Richard said. Diana rolled her eyes.

“Let me guess, you sent out teams again and something bad happened to them? Men do the same stupid thing, over and over again. No surprise there.” She said as she stood up from her bed and walked to the thick glass that separated them.

“What happened?” Richard asked again.
“They died! What did you think happened?” Diana asked. Richard glared at Diana.
“The team was taken away and I was trying to save them.” Diana said, ”Why'd you sent out little kids to explore the surface? They're barely out of their diapers.”

“These soldiers trained their whole life. They are fully prepared for their missions.” Diana didn't look impressed or anything. She groaned as she rolled her eyes again. Seeing that he isn't going to get anything out of her, Richard went back to the control room.

He sadly doesn't have enough time to play detective. Zac needs him.

When he entered the control room, he immediately went to the control panel and accessed Zac's suit data. He went to where the recordings were saved and went to the last one. He tried to focus on the background of the video. It was exactly what was expected. Destroyed buildings and cars left abandoned.

His eye did catch something. In a building that had a gaping hole, suspiciously the size and shape of a scout robot, he caught movement. It wasn't a rat or a bird that was in the wrong place at the wrong time...it was purple. Another alien...Richard thought, a deep frown making its way onto his face. He zoomed in and enhanced the image. He frowned as he let the footage keep playing, keeping his eye on the alien.