×60O

×

Blake puffed up his chest as he looked at himself in the bathroom mirror. Today he's doing it! It's now or never!

He straightens out his overalls and looked down at the ring on the counter, the memories of Richard taking it off of his finger to give it to Blake.

×O

"Marriage, Blake. That means you and Zac are going to be together until death do you part."

"Wait, hold on..." Blake said as he jumped from the kitchen chair he occupied.
"So if I ask Zac and he says yes, he'll be mine forever and I'll be his forever?"

"Yes."

"That sounds scary! Who came up with that!" Blake shouted, throwing his arms in the air.

"Trust me, Blake. It can be scarier if you were in our situation." Lucy said, pointing to herself and Jeremy.

Blake looked at Richard who still hasn't gave his thoughts.

"Okay, look." Richard said and stood up. "You really love, Zac? Like you would even kill him of he hurt himself. You would kill to protect him. You would give him th emoon and stars to see just the smallest smile on his face."

"Yes, of course!" Blake said. Richard had his hands on Blake's shoulders and smiled.

"You have my permission to ask him." Richard laughed as he locked Blake in to ruffle up Blake's hair.

"Hey! Whoa!" Blake said as he pulled himself free. "Permission?"

"Don't mind him." Jeremy said, partially shoving Richard away from Blake. "He's just silly. In the old days the groom had to ask the bride's father for permission to marry her. If he said no, well the option of eloping was there."
"But that's not important now. All you need is a ring to seal the deal."

"Sure, let me just pop in at the local jeweler."

"Oh! I have an idea."

Jeremy turned to Richard to see he was taking off his ring. "Here. I'm sure it'll fit Zac."

"But...this is yours?" Blake said uncertain. "Zac's mom gave you this as her promise, right?"

"Yes and death tore us apart." Richard took Blake's hand. "Besides, I have a new chapter to enjoy. Elizabeth wouldn't want me to stay stuck in the past."

Blake looked at Lucy. "Go on, take it."

Blake took the ring and looked at it carefully. "Is this a dragon?"

"Yes, a Chinese dragon. If it actually existed it, I would want it as a pet." Richard said. "Elizabeth won this ring through a song writing competition."

"You and Zac's mom sound very weird sometimes." Blake laughed.

"Hey, kid. Weird is the best formula for love." Richard said.

"Hey! I got the firewood!" Blake immediately hid the ring in his pocket when Zac had entered through the kitchen back door.
"So how do we start a bonfire!"

Blake couldn't help but to stare at Zac. He was shirtless, full of dust and sweat. Blake didn't think seeing someone full of filth would make him go gaga.

It was later on when Zac and Richard was busy getting the fire pit ready when James and the twins were pulled into Blake's plan to propose.

×O

He picked up the black and silver ring, puts it in a box that Jeremy had made for it and walked out of the room.

Now, he just had to give James and Gracie the signal at breakfast.