×58O

The plan was working!

No, Echo did not gain their trust. Are you mad?

No.

The earth is well on its way to recover. Ecosystems were restored to what they used to be, some even better in some areas.
Humans reunited with their lost loved ones and experimented humans.

With Zac, Blake and James sharing their experiences and story with those who are willing to listen, it made many things easier.

As for the zombies and zombiens, many cities are still infected. Echo had a good plan worked out to deal with them.

Since they are attracted to loud noises, with Sam and Pat's help they managed to build a device that lured them to a fire pit. No, it's not just a speaker.
The device is hoisted above the pit where a large scale flamethrower shoots flames down into the pit to keep it warm and toasty.

With the zombies following the sound blindly, they fall into the pit, disintegrating them completely.

Echo then finally has teams scoping out the buildings for any rogue decaying sacks.

Once a city is cleared, sanitization begins to clear any residue left behind.

For five years it went on. The dreaded day that Echo didn't want to acknowledge is nearing. Deep down, they didn't want to leave. Echo loves earth. Everything about it is beautiful.

“Sam, how's the ship coming along?”

“It's almost completed. Are you sure anout this?” Sam asked Echo again.

“You know we can't stay.” Echo said, turning to Sam. Sam stared at Echo who had a whole lot more muscle. Sam dare say, Echo looked more menacing than Peq whenever they got mad.
“The humans won't fully recover if they see us on their streets.”

“The entirety of humanity knows what you did for them. There's still a chance.” Sam said. “Echo. I can see in your eyes you don't want to leave here. Your real family is here.”

“Families grow apart, Sam. Everyone goes their own way.” Echo said, but then shook their head in frustration. “Yes! Sam. I want to stay! I badly do.”
“But it'll be selfish of me to do so, especially after everything that Peq had done to them. Us as Oyronians should do better.”

“Oyronians…?”

“I translated it.”

“Oh. Echo, whether we leave or not, it won't make a difference. Their anxiety will still be there if we were to leave. We can't run away.”

Echo stayed silent. For quite awhile they had been contemplating on that.

Looking down at their wrist, Echo sighed and tapped away on the PTD. Echo then found themselves in a well furnished home that smelled of salty ocean air.
Echo took in the scent. It was quite lovely.

“Richard? Zac?”

No answer. Going out through the front door, Echo saw everyone having a barbecue and playing volleyball. On a laptop and speaker, music was playing in the background that once belonged to Elizabeth.

“ECHO IS HERE!”

Blake suddenly screamed and tackled the alien. Echo let out a yelp of surprise when Blake got hold of them.

“What are you wearing?” Echo chuckled. "That's not overalls.”

“Shh, I've been experimenting. Richard said I could have these shorts. I like it.”

“It had a little bleach accident when Elizabeth and I were cleaning one day.” Richard explained as Echo eyed what used to be a navy blue cloured short. A bleached out stripe and droplets covered the material, giving it a whole nother look.
Echo was mostly surprised that Blake didn't have a shirt on. They didn't complain though.