×54O

“What is that thing?” Blake whispered when they managed to find a place to hide from Peq.

“It's a portable teleportation device. PTD for short. Peq used this to get us here.” Echo explained.
“And we can use this to escape, but first I need to let Sam and Pat know of our location. If we're in Chernobyl, and that's an if, we can overwhelm Peq with all the fire power possible.”

“What fire power? It's just us few.” Zac said.

“Shortly before Sam and Pat left to go find us, they were tipped that Patrick and his lapdogs were at the hospital.”

“Are you serious!” Blake whispered yelled, his anxiety growing wings in his stomach.

Zac held his mouth shut when heavy footsteps were heard right outside where they were hiding.

“This game of cat and mouse is very unimpressive. Come out and fight!” Peq hissed.

Blake pinched his eyes close, holding onto Zac as Peq stomped away.

“How is Peq bigger?” Zac asked when the stomping has faded away.

“Peq is the leader. The Leaders are responsible for keeping everyone safe. Should a threat show itself, they'll jump in and fight.”

“Ah, so the dude sees us as a threat. We're getting somewhere.” Blake said proudly.

“No, we're back to square one. Actually square minus hundred! Peq is now stronger and faster. Hence why we need to overwhelm them.”

“Why do you need the head?”

“A very primal thing. Strongest lion wins and I have to proof that I had killed them.” Echo explained. “Of course there's more to it, but I won't bore you with the details.”

Echo took out the severed hand, taking off the wrist band. “Alright, let's see where we are.” Echo tapped away on a small holographic keyboard.

Zac and Blake leaned in a little closer, curious of what Echo was doing.

“Seriously?”

“What?” Zac and Blake said.

“We're in the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant. That large room we were in? That's where the important things happened.”

“Do explain for Zac. He looks very confused.” Blake said, getting a glare from Zac.

“This place produced power for the villages nearby along for Chernobyl itself. The recator is a boiling light water reactor, with two loops feeding steam directly to the turbines, without an intervening heat exchanger.” Echo started going overboard with the explanation as they showed Blake and Zac the room's layout using the PTD.

“Water pumped to the bottom of the fuel channels boils as it progresses up the pressure tubes, producing steam which feeds two 500 MWe turbines. If just one little thing went wrong, it would be a huge catastrophy, which did happen.”

Echo sighed again as neither of them said a word again. “On April 26th, 1986 reactor four went out of control during a test at low-power, leading to an explosion and fire that demolished the reactor building and released large amounts of radiation into the atmosphere.”

“Ah big explosion, got it. Thank you, Echo. I think Blake understands it, too.” Zac said. Blake jabbed Zac's arm.

Echo stared bluntly at them. “You're hopeless without me, the both of you.”

“What do we do now?” Blake asked.

Echo didn't quite know. “We need fire. Lots of it. I need Pequone's head.”