×34O

Lucy briefly explained what she had seen when a scream was heard.
“ZAC!”

Echo forced the door open, breaking the lock on it. Blake went quiet when he heard the rushed footsteps coming down the steps.

“BLAKE! ZAC!”

Blake turned towards the entrance with shocked. Echo was the first one to arrive. “Echo! Help Zac! Please!” Blake pleaded out in relief.

Richard darted to Zac and freaked out. Zac was full of blood and he was responding to anything Richard was saying. The man was frail and skinny too.

“Don't worry, we're getting you both out of here!” Echo said and frantically looked around.

Looking around, they found a panel. “Zac, it's me! Open your eyes, son!” Richard started to cry. “I can't loose you, too. Please…”

Richard turned to see Echo was tampering around in a panel on the wall.

Zac was slowly lowered down to floor, Richard holding him close to him. Echo pressed a button, the cuffs breaking open. Richard picked up the unconscious Zac up.

Echo took Blake and started to make their way out. Lucy's eyes widen she saw their state. She alerted Jeremy to meet them at the front door.

Moving fast and quietly, they left through the front door. Jeremy opened the compartment. It was sleek and wide with soft padding on the inside. Echo puts Blake in it slowly, followed by Richard.

Jeremy closed the compartment, hiding them completely. Blake weakly moved his hand to hold on to Zac's hand, who in return slightly clenched it.

By the time they arrived at Richard's pod, Blake was unconscious. Richard picked Zac up, taking him to his room where Jeremy attended to his wounds while Echo patched Blake back up with Lucy's help.

“Zac…” Richard said, holding Zac's hand, kneeling down to his knees as he did.

“He'll be okay.” Jeremy said with relief.

The shredded pants Zac wore were removed. Richard stared at Zac's body in horror. “It's not your fault.” Jeremy said.

“It is my fault. If I just listened to what he said…all of this would've been avoided!”

When Jeremy was done attending to every wound. They let Zac rest. It was a few days before Zac had woken up.

×O

Zac woke up, his eyes struggling to focus. He felt soft fabric underneath and bandages everywhere on his body. It hurt to move.
When his eyes finally focused, he saw the familiar room.

He groaned and looked around frantically. This must be some trick…my bedroom. That's impossible…

He looked down at his wrists and saw no cuffs or bindings. He slowly pulled the covers away and sat up straight with a lot of difficulty. When he was up, he threw his legs off the side.

His legs caved in when he tried to stand up. A loud thud was heard. Zac hissed from the sudden movement.
“Zac!” He weakly looked up towards his door to see a figure, the light blinding Zac.

Richard kneeled down to his son, uttering a mixture of I'm so sorry! and Thank God!

Zac's mind couldn't make sense of what had happened. He kept fighting to get free from Richard. He didn't even make a sound as he did.

Richard let go of Zac when Zac's elbow slammed into his jaw. Zac weakly crawled away.

“Zac!” Blake shouted. Zac looked at the door, where the sound had come from. Richard watched as Zac turned the corner. He was dead set on getting to Blake.