×26O

Afternoon came like a storm. Zac, who had his fully charged suit on, handed out backpacks to everyone as they exited the makeshift room that was built on the roof.

Blake was the last one to exit. He gave Zac a quick peck as he took a bag from Zac.

“Sneaky, are we?” Zac teased.

“Yes. Yes, we are.” Blake said and exited. Zac slung his bag to his back and grabbed the radio as he exited the makeshift room.

“Charlie Romeo, come in.” Zac said, once, the radio was near his mouth.

“Send your message.”

“We're heading to the Tristan's home. Will keep you posted as we progress. Over.” Zac said.

“Roger that.” Richard said. Zac looked at everyone.

“You okay, James?” Zac asked. James clung to Echo's back with a blanket for added support to make sure James didn't slip off of Echo's back.

“We're good!” Echo said with a thumbs up.

“Right, let's move.” Zac said. Blake smirked as he held his flamethrower ready to use on potentially any type of zombie.

“That's the roof we need to get to.” Zac said as he pointed to the one that was behind the building they stood on. Diana made the first jump and landed effortlessly.

“Come on, ladies!” She said impatiently.

Echo and Henry made the next jump at the same time. Eren and Timothy went immediately after and then Zac and Blake. Clara touched down as well.

Zac looked at the map on the radio and pointed to the building next to the one they landed on.

This went on for awhile. They ran and jumped non stop, until they couldn't jump to the next building anymore. Quickly climbing down to the alleyway, Zac went and took in the surroundings.

There were a lot of zombies, especially. “We need to move in pairs to that alleyway over there.” Zac said, pointing to one that was a little distance away and it was across the street.

“The moment you are home free, start climbing to get to the roof.” Zac explained, keeping his voice low.

“Who's going first?” Clara asked.

“Timothy and Diana.” Zac said. “Don't make any noise as you step. Watch out for broken glass or anything that can make noise. Don't rush.”

Diana rolled her eyes as Timothy nodded. The two went out, keeping their bodies as low as possible. Timothy wished he had his drone to help scope out ahead, but sadly, it was destroyed.

They both made it across the street safely and gave Zac a thumbs up before they went to the fire escape.

“Echo and Eren, you're up.” Zac said. Echo immediately went out with Eren close behind. Echo stepped lightly and elegantly.

Eren's eyes widened when he was already halfway through when Echo was already in the alleyway. Eren hid behind a car when he saw a zombie getting close.

He had the deodorant and lighter ready to use. The zombie scuffled past. It didn't seem to notice Eren or Echo's presence.

Clara and Henry were up next. Zac suddenly yanked them back when a zombie got closer to the alleyway.

Blake raised his flamethrower and immediately set it ablaze.

“Run!” Zac said, and they made a beeline to the alleyway.

Now every zombie in the area was hurrying to get to them. Blake set anything he could ablaze to keep them at bay  but it didn't last long.

“Clara, hold on to me.” Zac said. She did so without hesitation and immediately, Zac started to jump the fire escapes. She jumped off when she was at the top platform. Zac went down to get Blake as Henry climbed the fire escapes.