×16O

Everyone ran and ran for their lives. James, however...tried to move faster so that Echo and Zac could keep up with the rest. He didn't want them getting hurt or possibly killed because of him.

He took a glance at Echo as they moved. This is absurd...How can an alien help humans? I wouldn't hesitate to kill her if I must but...what are the odds? James thought.

“Make a left here!” Blake shouted and everyone dashed behind him. Zac almost tripped, but he held himself up.

“Almost there, bud.” Zac said.

“There!” Echo said and Zac saw the familiar half-opened garage door. Blake slid underneath it. Timothy, Henry, Clara and Eren followed. It was only Zac, James and Echo left.

They were still a good distance away. They weren't safe though. Many of the other creatures started to get closer to them. “Just leave me! Get to safety!” James shouted.

“I'm not leaving you behind! Don't ever ask me to do that again!” Zac said. They had to push through. They just had to. James once again tried to quicken his pace, but the more he tried to move, the more blood seeped through his wound.

“Come on! Hurry!” Blake shouted from the door. Echo noticed that Blake had pushed some crates into the open gap to close it, leaving a small entranceway open for now.

Zac's eye caught onto something else. “Up there!” Zac said as they kept moving. James slowly lifted up his head and caught a figure running on the rooftops.

“Who's that?” James uttered out.

“We don't know!” Echo said. They were about to cross a street to get to the garage doors only to find more moaning and groaning messes trying to get to them.
Zac gave James over to Echo as he got his steel rods out ready. Before he could make a swing, a BANG! rung through the air and one of the creatures plopped down.

“Hey! Ugly and dead!” Zac and Echo looked up to see a woman.

“Another...” Echo said, shocked. The woman skillfully jumped down the building using street light poles and window sills to get down. She shot down many more of the moaning messes.

Zac grabbed James's arm and surged forward. Echo got in first and helped James to get through as Zac guarded the small gap. “Hey! You! Get in!”

“You get inside! Meet me on the roof!” She shouted. Before Zac could object, a hand grabbed him and pulled him in. Immediately, the crates were blocking the gap and it was reinforced with other heavy things like desks and other crates.

“She's still out there!“ Zac shouted as he turned to the person who yanked him inside. It was Blake.

“If you stayed out there longer...what then?” Blake said, getting close to Zac's as he pulled Zac's wrist harder. They stared into each other's eyes before Blake let go of Zac's wrist.
Zac ended the staring when he turned to his team members.

Zac stood up and looked at his team members. “They didn't do anything to you? Like experiments or...”

“Nothing happened. They wanted us to starve first...” Clara explained. She slid down a wall as she took deep breaths.

“Blake...help me get James to the basement.” Echo said.
“Hold up!” Eren shouted. “What's in the basement!”

“It's where we eat and sleep. You got a problem?” Blake said, getting into Eren's face. Eren was a little shorter than Blake, making the scene look a tad bit amusing to Echo.

“Blake...” Echo said, catching his attention. Blake helped with getting James to the basement, disappearing down the stairs. James grunted in pain from the movement as they carried him down.