×36O

When morning came, Stacy, Gracie and James were wide awake. They got ready to go visit Zac and wanted nothing more than to see them.

Jeremy was the first one; between him and Lucy, in the kitchen. He was drinking coffee as he made three more mugs for the energized maniacs.

Lucy was eventually ready as well. “Come on, we want to see Zac!” Gracie said.
Lucy just sighed as everyone left the pod. Being the last one to leave, she locked the pod up and walked down the street with Jeremy.

The three friends were two pods ahead of them.

When they arrived at the Spacey Pod, they anxiously stared at the door. “It's fine.”
James felt Jeremy's hand on his shoulder as Lucy went ahead ane knocked on the door.

It was a few seconds before the door opened to reveal Richard. He motioned for them to enter quietly.

Quietly entering, their eyes widened. “No…” James said as he looked at the state his friend was left in. Gracie and Stacy were stunned.

They turned around and went stiff. Echo was fast asleep in the armchair, snoring away. Richard poked their arm and stirred the alien awake.

“Hm?” Echo looked at the room sleepily. “Are they awake?” They asked yawning.

“No, they're sleeping. Zac's friends are here.” Like that, Echo looked around and saw James first. Jumping up, they kept asking about James's wound that Echo had patched up and asked if he had any discomfort.

Gracie and Stacy eyed how James was towards Echo. “I'm fully healed. No pain. No nothing.”

“We need that cream of yours for Zac and Blake!”

“Unfortunately, that's at the hideout. I don't have all of the ingredients down here.” Echo said deflated.

Blake groaned when he heard the new voices. He lifted up his head and saw where it had came from.
“Seriously, you two are his friends.” Blake got out loud enough for them to hear him. Stacy's eye twitched.

“Yes, we are. What we did when we met up with Zac again, was…out of line. We apologize.” Gracie said before Stacy could retort back.

“Apologize to him, not me.” Blake said. He turned to Zac and lightly poked him. Zac groaned as his eyes opened up slightly.

“James and co are here.” Zac tried to sit up straight up, but struggled. Richard helped him up.

James's eyes widened as Gracie and Stacy looked at him shocked. “Zac…” James said.

Zac gave them a sad smile.

“Hey.” He said barely in a whisper. Gracie kneeled down next to him and cupped his cheeks.

“Who did this! Who's this cruel!” She said.

Blake groaned as he sat up straight with Echo's help. “Duke…” Zac said.
Richard sighed and started to explain everything.

He mentioned bits and pieces of Blake's story that was relevant and explained from there why they were taken.

“I aughta kill 'em.” Stacy threatened.

“That's what I said.” Echo said and turned to Blake and Zac. “I think you two should have breakfast.”

James sat down next to Gracie. “I'm sorry you went through this. He can't get away with this. He mustn't.” James said angrily. Zac slowly moved his arm to hold James's hand.

James looked at Zac. He wasn't entirely Zac. The Zac he knew was full of life and motivation. The one in front of looked defeated and tired…and quite dead. James didn't blame him.