×22O

Richard groaned as he woke up, yet again asleep at his desk. The whole place was littered with papers, most of them being blank. Looking around, he soon realized that he was in his office.

He stretched out his limbs as he sat up straight. He pulled the paper that had made itself comfortable off of his cheek and squinted his eyes to read its contents.

Knock knock

“Shoot…er, come in…” Richard said as he tried to pick up all the papers.

“Goodness, what happened in here?” Richard bumped his head against the desk as he looked at his visitor.

“Uh… fell asleep and the fan must've blown everything all over the place.” Jeremy nodded as he crouched down to help pick the papers up.

“How's the manufacturing of the weapons going?” Richard asked as he randomly stacked papers on top of each other.

“So far, good. I think everything will be finished by the end of the week if there are no hiccups.” Jeremy said as he got closer and closer to Richard's position.
Richard, who was completely oblivious to Jeremy getting closer, started to speak.
“Well, then, that's great news. I hop-” Richard was cut off by Jeremy's lips meeting his as they both tried to stand up.

They both stumbled backwards, dropping the papers they had picked up. Jeremy's face was as red as a tomato and Richard's face was in utter shock.

“That meant nothing. It was an accident.” Jeremy almost immediately said, trying to defend himself.

“Yeah, it was just an accident. It meant nothing…” Richard said.

“But…you were saying.” Jeremy said as he started to pick up the fallen papers again.

“Right, um…was saying that I hope that this mission will go better than Team Alpha's exploration mission.” Richard repeated.
“The only threat really is if one of them gets bitten or scratched by those things.…that's how Diana explained it to me the other day.” Richard said as he stood up.

Richard cleared his throat as he stood up, taking the stack of papers from Jeremy. “Diana…I should make sure the rest…” He had a point in this, but forgot what the point was because Jeremy stared at him.

“Something wrong?” Richard asked.

“Hmm? What? Nothing. Don't worry. I'm just gonna go…Those weapons won't build themselves.” Jeremy said and rushed to the door.

Richard slumped down into his chair as his hand dragged through his hair. “The fuck just happened?” Richard groaned.
“I was barely awake.” 
“Wait…I'm still dreaming.” He slapped himself in the face only to feel the stinging sensation on his cheek.
“Oh god…” He said.

He then groaned when he looked at the papers. He might as well do admin work. He split the stack into three smaller ones and started to clear the mess. “Damn fan.” He grumbled angrily.

Two hours went by and Richard was finally done with sorting the papers. They were all in beautiful, neat piles. Nothing could possibly make it messy again!

The door suddenly flew open, but Richard was fast enough to stop the papers from flying. “FUCKING KNOCK!” Richard slammed his hands on the piles.

Quickly grabing his pencil holder, he puts it on the one stack and his stapler on the other.

“Forget your papers! Come with me!” Lucy demanded. Richard straightened out his clothes with a sigh and followed Lucy down the hallway to the control room.

“What's the matter?” Richard said.

“Here, I had somebody look into the footage around the time when this Blake kid went missing. They found this…” She said and played the footage.
It showed a drunken figure moving towards the platform that provided access to the surface.