×35O

To say, changing Zac's bandages was a challenge, was an understatement. Zac didn't stay still. Both Richard and Echo had tried to reassure him by speaking to him, but nothing worked.

Jeremy had to use a sedative to make Zac calm down. “What can we do? I can't stand seeing him like this.” Richard said, the stress finally getting to him.

Jeremy pulled Richard closer as Lucy and Echo worked with Zac's arms and legs first. “He'll get better. He'll be fine.” Jeremy reassure.

Richard pulled away slightly. He kept blaming himself. Jeremy still comforted him as Lucy and Echo finished up.

“Richard, Zac will be fine. I promised I'll heal them, but emotionally he is going to need you,” Echo said encouragingly, “Stay strong for his sake.”

“Echo is right. Zac will be Zac again. He just needs all the support he can get.” Lucy said. She motioned for him to help with lifting Zac's body up.

Zac was still trying to get free. He did so sloppily thanks to the sedative. The more Jeremy and Echo removed the bandages, the more he grunted and jerked in pain.

Blake was knocked out again, his energy depleted. Echo immediately started to clean the wounds on Zac's chest, working as fast and as effectively as possible.

Zac had way more wounds than Blake. Fredrickson was out to hurt them both where it hurts.

Hurt Zac physically and mentally did it's toll on Blake. Hurt Blake for the sake of it in every possible way broke Zac.
Of course, Fredrickson didn't stop there. He made it his mission to hurt them both as much as possible for as long as possible.

It was another few days when Zac had little trouble waking up. He wasn't thrashing to get away from Echo at least.

Jeremy and Lucy did whatever they could. Jeremy even stayed over to make sure Richard doesn't loose his mind.

Echo was happy with both of their healing process. The smaller wounds healed beautifully and the swelling of some of the wounds had gone down. Bruises were still extremely blue and purple and the burn and large cuts were getting there.

It was about a week later when change really showed.

Echo was out cold, tired to the point that they used the armchair to sleep.

Richard only stood up to go to the bathroom go back to bed.

He had just exited the bathroom when he heard soft pleading. At first he thought it was Blake, but it dawned upon him that it was Zac.

He went into the living room and saw Zac, shaking his head. In the little bit of light that shone into he living room, he saw Zac's purple hand growing to the his forearm.

“Zac…“ Richard said softly, lightly taking hold of Zac's shoulders. “Son, it's a nightmare!” He said louder when Zac started to actually cry.

“No…no…Blake…” Zac uttered out. His throat sounded worse than what Blake's did. “Dad…”

“I'm here, Zac. I'm right here!”

Richard's loud voice woke up everyone to see what was happening. “Richard!” Jeremy shouted.

Zac's eyes snapped open and immediately grabbed onto Richard, pulling himself towards his father. Richard held on to him as he whispered soothing words in Zac's ear.

“Dad…” Zac uttered out weakly. He was breathing heavily, tears flowing freely. “Help…”

“I'm here. All of us are here. You're safe.” Richard said as he lowered down to the mattress.
“It's okay.” Richard felt Zac's body giving in again. He let Zac down slowly and saw Blake trying to get to Zac.