dear mommy and tallie,

January 30, 2019

Dear Diary,

     Today was the first day! I haven't been to the ALDC since I auditioned when I was, like, 8. It's changed so much! I saw everybody again! It feels weird not having a bunch of other kids. Kamryn wasn't there either. I wonder if she canceled at the last minute. Who would do that?

     We had to bring headshots that are going to be hung up on the mirror. Mine's so cute! We also didn't have pyramid today. I'm relieved. I would have been on the bottom. In the audition, I didn't know any of the terminology and my feet were awful. LOL.

     Abby also took away Lilly's jacket to show that nobody has a permanent spot on the team. She worked hard for that, but we're all on a fresh start! Anyway, we're going to Red Bank, New Jersey and I got a trio this week. It's called The Favorite. It's with Lilly as the lead, and Sarah as the other one. Stacey didn't seem happy that Lilly had acro again, but that's her specialty.

     I'm not the best at acro. Sure, I can do a front aerial walkover, but my back flexibility isn't exactly popping off. The group dance is called Broken Hearts. Brady's the lead. He broke all of our hearts and our dresses are going to bleed. How is Mom going to do that?

     The group dance is contemporary, which is better, even though I'm more hip-hop, which is what the ALDC is NOT famous for. Only Mackenzie could pull that off. It's a dark contemporary, and the song is awesome. Before we started learning the choreography, though, Abby showed us a fake heart that looked really real. It grossed me out.

     The trio is a little silly. I'm pretty sure we're supposed to be clowns. Sarah's insanely good at acro. Lilly has competition. After dance, we all went to get ice cream and I got everybody's number. I can't wait to get to know my teammates better!

Love,

sweet p