Day 19

May 31, 2019

Dear Diary,

    Guess what happened this morning before we left? Mom left me home alone! Well, she only went to get the mail, which took five minutes and twenty-six seconds, but those minutes felt so freeing. She's starting to trust me again.

     Today was heartbreaking. Fun, but heartbreaking. You would think that since we are in Manhattan, M-A-N-H-A-T-T-A-N, we would be all smiles and hunky dory and skipping down Times Square together. Boy, you would be wrong.

     It started off well. We had the best bus ride. Abby got these humongous cupcakes. I mean, the size-of-my-face big. I got one that was themed like Cookie Monster and it was cotton candy flavored! So good!

     We were so excited when we got to New York! The sights, the celebrities, the billboards, the INSANE amount of traffic, and according to Brady, the dirtiness. BRADY FARRAR LIKES THE DIRTINESS OF NEW YORK! WhAt?

     Anyways, we got to rehearse in a really cool studio! People kept banging on the windows and taking photos, though. Bryan and Michael had to stand outside and guard the studio so people would stop. Poor Sarah was sitting on the sidelines.

     The dresses and suits are so pretty. Mine is orange and poofy. Paris, my partner who's been dressed as a boy to make Hannah stand out, is wearing this mustard cumberbund. I think we look cute together in the dance.

    Then, right before a really big surprise, Michelle got into an argument. Sarah, one of our good friends, a best friend even, our confidant, partner in crime, is now OFFICIALLY off the team. We assumed they had gone out to lunch, but our moms told us. We're still devastated.

     After that, three people from the REAL BROADWAY SHOW came to see us perform. Kate, the assistant dance captain, Isabelle, the person who plays Gia's part, and Jack, the dance captain. They thought we did really well. It's the first time we got critiques that I didn't feel like a failure.

     Then Abby dropped a bomb on us: we are going to see The Prom tonight on Broadway. I just finished getting ready and Mom is getting ready right now. I'm so close to feeling happiness, I can taste it. I cannot wait to see the show! I hope the Nationals group dance wins too! Only time will tell.

Love,

sweet p