not even dance.

March 8, 2019

Dear Diary,

     We finally got to see the solos in full and not in rehearsals in the mezzanine today. After seeing all of them, in my opinion, I think that Savannah or Sarah have the best shot at winning tomorrow.

     Sarah's has amazing gymnastics tricks, but I don't think it has enough dance moves in it. It is a dance competition that we're attending, after all. Savannah's has a lot of tricks in it as well, but more of dancing elements and versatility.

     Gia's solo is... something else. Joanne described it perfectly a couple of days ago: a talent show dance. All of us are worried about how another jazz dance is going to go with the Paolantonio duo, but we'll have to see!

     The group dance is somehow a lot cleaner, but the storyline and costumes don't make sense. They are light maroon, almost orange. I've never been to a funeral, but I know that you're supposed to wear black, not maroon. Also, even with our awful wails, the storyline isn't that good.

     The bus ride was a little odd without Brady and it had a lot less drama than normal. Sure, we did rhinestone face painting and I got a butterfly, but it was weird. It's like packing up a puzzle that you only did halfway. Weird and unsettling.

     I'm finally at home with Tallie today! We just have to be at the hotel by six-thirty to get on the bus. I missed home and Tallie so much! He's not my biological dad, but he married Mom when I was five and immediately adopted me, so he's my dad.

     We got to go to our favorite restaurant and it was just a night off from the drama. Dance Moms is so stressful. But the one bad thing that happened tonight was the feelings of worthlessness on the team and the spacing out didn't stop, which I thought it would.

     It feels so good to be in my own bed tonight, but we have to wake up early to go to the competition. Tallie's going to see us dance this week again, so I hope we do well. We have to prove we can win without Brady so he might come back!

Love,

sweet p