i just stopped caring.

March 9, 2019

Dear Diary,

     Today was awful, yet amusing. Already, I was in low spirits to start, since it was the first competition without Brady, even though Tallie made chocolate chip pancakes, my favorite. We also had to wake up an extra hour early, so it sucked.

     Going to the hotel, Gia had a lot of bronzer, almost a comedic amount of bronzer because she was playing Snooki, but the mood seemed dampened. Joanne was still complaining about Gia's solo. Gia wasn't being the brat this time, Joanne was.

     Joanne is way out of line. Just because Gia won last week doesn't mean she can't get her solo scratched this week. We all learned to expect the unexpected with Brady leaving. Joanne needed to change her story.

     Skipping to the dressing room, it was fairly calm for the first half an hour when Abby wasn't there. Lilly seemed very anxious, so much so that I let her borrow my headphones and listen to music to try to take her mind off of her ultimatum.

     Of course, Abby woke up, went to the competition, and immediately chose chaos. While going through the solos, she gave Gia gum to look like Snooki, which ticked Joanne off. And then pulled out the final straw: purple unicorn slippers.

     Joanne started arguing with Abby, and guess what? The solo ended up getting pulled! At first, we thought Abby was joking, but on the sidelines, the announcer called out that it was scratched. So, yeah, Abby woke up and chose chaos.

     Sarah was up first. Dear Lord, her stamina and smile on stage was amazing. I think I also saw her dad in the audience, which was good. He came backstage to say congratulations. The only thing she screwed up on was that she didn't stick her back tuck.

     Savannah was next. The amount of acting and pop and jazz and sass in this routine is impeccable. Only Savannah could've pulled it off! She was like a Broadway main character on stage. She had that main character energy.

     Back in the dressing room, Joanne and Abby had another screaming fight. On the sidelines, Lilly started getting even more nervous about the routine. I remember seeing the gears turning in her head, trying to remember every single detail.

     As much as the costumes didn't make sense for the group dance, they had to be one of my favorite costumes. Elegant and pretty, unlike my feet. We also had to walk with the coffin, which was super awkward. I wish Brady was in the coffin so he could pop out mid-routine. That would be funny.

     As we were watching the number ahead of us, I couldn't help but think that maybe I deserve to be put in the coffin with all of my mistakes. Maybe then she could replace me with a better dancer. But that's a bad way to think, so I'll stop writing about that.

     The group dance went okay. I nearly fell out of my turns. I could see audience members laughing at our antics on stage with the crying. The storyline shift didn't translate well either. I liked the music, but that was about it. I also almost fell out of my turns. Thankfully, Lilly didn't make a mistake and we celebrated backstage before the awards.

     The placements: Sarah got third and Savannah won. She hasn't lost a solo yet, which is good. I think she's underestimated on the team. She has a lot of potential. It also kind of sucks that the one week that Sarah's dad shows up is the week she gets third.

     The group dance got fourth, henceforth ending our five-week winning streak. This just proved to ourselves and Abby that we can't dance without Brady. Maybe if I didn't make as many mistakes, it would have been better. It's probably my fault.

     Abby seemed super disappointed in us, more disappointed than we were in ourselves, which I didn't think was possible. Then, she gave us some huge news: she was bringing back Elliana Walmsley to the team.

     Stacey and Erin weren't happy. Stacey's was warranted. Yolanda, Elliana's mom did try to choke her. But Erin was more ballistic than Stacey! Only because Elliana beat Savannah a couple of times when they crossed paths!

     Erin was complaining the entire time we were packing up and we had to pull Savannah out of the room so she wouldn't cry. Poor kid. On the bus, though, Lilly is currently sitting on my lap and Savannah is sitting on my leg because we're all on one row of bus seats! I need to stop writing now or else I'm going to wake someone up with my pen.

     TLDR: This week sucked.

Love,

sweet p