to be happy.

March 6, 2019

Dear Diary,

     Today is the start of our first week without Brady. I haven't written down how much of a friend he is to me. All of us are bonded in a way that could never be broken. We all do karaoke together, have massive sleepovers, learn dance tricks from one another, everything.

     But he and I seemed to have the strongest bond. He was my best friend on the team. We have the longest text thread, the most time out of the show we've hung out, and he's the kindest teenage boy I've ever met other than Jayden, my cousin. He and I are still texting, but it's sad.

     Pyramid felt empty today. I got the bottom second row, so third. She thought I was clean and did a beautiful job. I don't believe so. Her full attention must have been on somebody else. I accepted the compliment nonetheless.

     Gia was on top of the pyramid. But of course, her mom had to pick a fight. It turns out, she got her hand on the scores, trying to prove she knows more than Abby, and it turns out that the male judge from Miami scored Brady higher than GiaNina. Abby was surprised and not pleased.

     The group dance is called Widows. It's about how we're all the widows of a singular husband, and we pretend we're all sad, but we're actually really happy that he died. We made up a backstory at lunch that we killed him.

     The solos are going to Sarah, Savannah, and GiaNina. Sarah has a solo called America's Sweetheart. It's an acro solo about Mary Lou Retton. Savannah has a musical theater called It's Not My Fault, about an obnoxious superstar. GiaNina has a solo called Gym, Tan, Laundry, about Snooki from the Jersey Shore.

     The group dance has an actual coffin! The group dance is a hot mess right now. I'm finding myself spacing out more and having a harder time picking up, comprehending, and doing it correctly. Maybe because it's not as fun.

     Gia and I are having another sleepover tonight right now, binging The Jersey Shore, so it's going to be fun! Her mom is not a fan of the solo, I can tell. But Gia's a Jersey girl, so I don't really know what to make of it. Anyway, goodnight!

Love,

sweet p