this isn't goodbye.

April 25, 2019

Dear Diary,

     Today, surprisingly, was average. Nothing too bad happened. Not much happened in general. But, in general, life still sucks. I had a cookie with lunch and it just didn't taste good. Hannah was having a sleepover with Gia and they invited me tonight, but I didn't want to. It wouldn't be any fun.

     At the start of the day, there were solos. Abby said she could tell this was going to be a rough week, so she needed backups for every solo, just in case. If anything bad happened or anybody pulled out or left, there would still be three solos.

    I'm Sarah's backup. I learned more about the backstory. The Scarlet Letter is a story about "sin, shame, and punishment." Sarah is supposed to act like Michelle, which is just a humongous insult. I feel really bad.

     Her solo just looks like mishmashed improv, but I can tell Sarah is happy that she's dancing in general. However, I can see that another side of her is not enjoying it due to the connotations it has with her mother. Nonetheless, it is what it is.

     And that was really it. Hannah was decent as the lead in Abby's eyes, which was a surprise. Ann has been a lot less on Hannah's toes today. Maybe Ann is taking a step back. All I know is that this dance could end our losing streak.

     When we came home, of course, I went to my room, but Mom forced me to eat dinner with her and watch a movie: Mr. Peabody and Sherman. I love Mom so much. We used to spend every minute together. But I don't want to be with other people. I don't want to be a burden on Mom.

     And now I'm in bed. I was able to get some sleep last night, but I cried myself to sleep for about two hours. I'm surprised I'm able to dance decently. I've been so tired lately because I haven't slept in, like, forever. When I do get sleep, it's either twelve hours or forty minutes. Every minute is just pain because I'm so tired. Physically and emotionally.

     When can I go home? I used to love dancing, but now I hate dancing. I used to dream of being in the ALDC, but now all I want to do is go home. When can we go back to Jersey so I can at least spend a night at home?

Love,

sweet p