i know i could have talked to you,

February 15, 2019

Dear Diary,

     Today in rehearsal, Gia ran out having an anxiety attack about her solo. I overheard her because I was in the bathroom, and she said that her dance was not competitive enough and she got the scraps. I need to dance on her level because I don't wanna be labeled as scraps. Also, I would never talk about a solo like that. It sounds ungrateful.

     The group dance looked a lot better today! Lilly stopped tripping over people and she made almost no mistakes. I'm on the side that things we shouldn't have prayers, so I have to go against my beliefs for the dance.

     We were running behind so getting on the bus was a disaster. Everybody was running around, Lilly almost forgot her curling iron, Brady almost forgot his entire costume. It was chaos. The soloists had to do final rehearsal while we were packing up too. But we managed to leave on time!

     The bus ride was really fun, though. We got cupcakes again. I sat next to Hannah. The moms rhinestoned each other's faces and danced around Abby. It was really funny! Hannah and I binged Shake it Up. Zendaya plays my dream role: a role where I get to act, sing, and dance.

     Hopefully, soon, we can convince our mothers to let us room together without parents chaperoning us in hotel rooms. I love Mom, she's my best friend, but I also really love sleepovers, and we could, potentially, have a bunch of them. But tonight, I'm with Mom. I'm very nervous for tomorrow's competition. Will we win?

Love,

sweet p