i know how much worth i had to you,

February 13, 2019

Dear Diary,

     It's Wednesday so guess who's back! Today's pyramid was wacky. For the first thirty minutes of pyramid, instead of getting critiques and corrections, we were in Studio B getting a head start on the dance while Abby was yelling at Erin. Savannah and Lilly felt so bad and guilty. In the end, we figured out the kids are much better at getting along than the adults.

     My pyramid place was a lot better. First middle, aka, third place. Abby gave me a backhanded compliment. She told me she could see my passion and I did an outstanding job, but I had bad feet and not-so-good flexibility. On top was Lilly because of Erin's behavior and Lilly's facials. Savannah was second.

     This week, I'm only in the group dance. I like this more because I've been having serious doubts if I'm as good as I thought to the extent that I'm beginning to believe that I don't deserve to be here. The group dance is heavy, and the moms were crying about it. It's about gun violence called Thoughts and Prayers, and for the first time, Lilly's the lead.

     She's the smallest and youngest one here. If the group dance wins with such a heavy topic, she will be the favorite. If not, her reputation with Abby will crumble. I really want to win so she can be the favorite. She's become like my little sister.

     Other assignments include Hannah with a lyrical solo called The Last Unicorn, Gia with a solo called Rich Girl, and Brady with a solo called PTSD. That one is heavy for Brady since his dad is in the military.

     For the group dance, we have to show two sides. The people for prayers, and the people not for prayers. I don't know what side I'm on. I believe in God, my family is Christian, but that doesn't necessarily believe that I believe thoughts and prayers do much. But I'm more on the side that believes in them.

     Savannah's sister went through a school shooting. She survived, but it must have been horrifying. We really need to win. We need to make sure that we do everything perfectly or else we will be chastised from the dance world.

     For a fun note at the end of this entry, I'm going to add that while we were doing schoolwork in Studio C, the closet door opened by itself! Now we're convinced that there's a ghost named Betsy living in the closet.

     I really hope this week that I can prove to myself that I deserve to be here.

Love,

sweet p