64 : A sadness before happiness

He reached at the garden alone in pitch dark and let his eyes shred tears until a cold hand touched his shoulders..... shrutkarma suddenly wiped his tears....
He looked back to see Pradyumna standing with a sad smile on his face ....

" Kirti...I completely understand you and my sister..I know how much she loves you.....I hope you both can convince our family and you both  are matured enough to take an appropriate decision.... I'll be with you...just keep this in mind that a sadness will always comes before happiness... don't lose hope "Pradyumna said breaking the silence...

Hr didn't say anything.... Pradyumna moved aside to see a crying Charumathi standing behind him.... Pradyumna went from there giving some privacy for them and shrutkarma stood there...all numb to react....
Charumathi ran and hugged him tightly and sobbed.....

" Kirti.... please..I get to know about this alliance today  morning...I know you love pithasree...I know you will even sacrifice your life if he asks....but please... don't sacrifice me .... please kirti ..I love you.." she managed to say between sobs...

He didn't reply anything....he just caressed her hairs and stood silently... looking into darkness....
.
.
On the other side of garden,
Abhimanyu strolled in garden  thinking about something....he didn't confronted a girl in these years rather than his sisters....the mighty archer , felt nervous for the first time in his life.....
Moments before, he heard king virat telling that he is very much happy to send his  daughter as kulvadhu of Kuruvansh .....his father and mother's Daughter in law and his ardhangini....

He stared blankly at the dark sky and Cresent moon which  was peeping through the clouds.....
Suddenly he heard the sound of anklets and his heart started to race faster inside his chest....
He turned to see uttara standing with a slight shy on her face ... looking down ...
He walked towards her....his throat dried....he walked up to her ....he closed his eyes and breathed in....

" Rajkumari.." he called...
She looked up and slightly smiled.....

" I know..it happened all sudden ...I don't know what are you feeling right now ..but I'm surprised...you know I got separated from my parents when I was only 3 years old..... and when I grown up, I've heard from my mamashree that how my own paternal uncles insulted my mata" uttara saw Abhimanyu clenching his fist while saying the last line

He continued
."..she is always my first priority than anything and anyone and it will remain till my death....so in all these years ...I only waited for the moment to take revenge for my parent's insult .. nothing else was there in my mind other than that and also  I never confronted or even talked to a girl other than my mother, jyesht mata , maasis and my sisters .....but today my mother asked me for this marriage..in these years ,the only thing she asked was this...but that doesn't mean that I agreed for this alliance out of my Mata's compulsion...I've seen you once in matsya...and I think you....you will be a perfect match for me....I'll try my best to fulfill my duties as a husband....but I can't assure you that I'll be always with you...you know..I'm a warrior..but till my death..I'll protect you...and will love you..so Rajkumari...are you ready to be my....my wife..."
He said in one go and Abhimanyu wondered from where did he got the courage to say this all..

Uttara looked up and slightly smiled at him...
" I completely understand Rajkumar...I too will try my level best to fulfill my duties as a wife....and I'll consider your family as my own family...."

" So are you ready to marry me..." He asked tilting his head slightly as Uttara was looking down in shy...

" Yes..." She said  in a soft voice , without meeting his gaze and a warm smile adorned Abhimanyu's lips..he got impressed by her sweet gesture and Caring towards his family....
.
.
In Krishnaa's and Dhananjay's chamber,
Krishnaa walked here and there in her room in tension...  she was tensed about Abhimanyu and Matsya kumari uttara..

Destiny : Dhananjay ki Draupadiजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें