Chapter 49

I hear footsteps coming toward me, judging by the sound I assume it's Giovanni

"Bro do you want to spar?" He asks, causing me to look up from my punching bag.

He must be an idiot if he wants to randomly spar without a warm up.

"Are you sure you want to right now? You haven't even warmed up!" I reply holding the punching bag still, so as not to miss any of what he is saying.

"What your scared I'm going to knock you out?" He smirks smugly causing rage to build up inside me.

As if he could beat me. No one can.

For a minute he looks happy at my reaction so I quickly relax my face and change my tone to humours.

"You really think you can beat me?" I force an amused laugh and I can see I have succeeded in intimidating him as he gulps slightly.

Although Giovanni is older than me I am slightly taller and have more muscles making me look older.

"Ok if I win you buy me a private island and if you win I will buy you a private island. Deal?" He puts his hand out and I accept his offer, shaking hands with him.

We go to dad and the others as they train some of the younger boys.

"Dad, we're going to spar if you want to watch." He states back to his normal emotionless tone.

I can see straight through him, as I have seen the Giovanni under that emotionless exterior.

"Sure get your wraps on and I'm sure the kids will all want to watch." Dad instructs us and Giovanni does so.

However, I already have mine on so I practice a few more hits on the punching bag before everyone comes to watch.

Stepping into the boxing ring, I can feel everyone's eyes staring at us.

As adrenaline fills me with a temporary excitement and strength I touch gloves with Giovanni.

Circling each other, he throws the first punch toward my stomach.

Swinging to the right, I feel a sharp pain on my side.
I strike at his stomach and he clenches his jaw in pain.

He pounds me twice more resulting in me groaning in agony.

I retreat back to the corner and suddenly strike him in the nose.

He attempts to wipe the now streaming blood from his nose but there is too much blood. He stumbles back and tears fill his eyes.

Letting my guard down we study each other's movements. Never loosing eye contact.

Suddenly, he jabs me in the stomach causing a burst of sharp pain to befall me. I bend over clutching my stomach to decrease the pain as I groan in agony.