11.

"Dreaming in a world that we both know
Is out of our control
But if shit hits the fan we're not alone"

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Amelia's mom was born into one of the richest families in California.

Her mom's side was the typical rich white family filled with doctors and lawyers and government men.

Her dad had immigrated from Mexico at the age of 2.

His family built itself into a strong and wealthy family as well.

Which was the only reason they were able to get married.

They were able to tolerate him as long as he made the family look good.

He tried his best to fit in by not bringing his family around or by not speaking Spanish at all and dressing up professionally all the time.

When Anna was born the first thing he did was teach her Spanish. Her mom had no problem with it since her family's racist tendencies hadn't passed onto her but they still kept it a secret.

Eventually they moved into a smaller town to give Anna a normal life. She grew up to be an obedient child until her teen years came around.

She felt like she was being controlled by her parents.

Which she was.

She liked to test their patience. Going out with friends late, doing drugs and drinking.

At first she was just doing it to teach her parents a lesson about controlling her which now that I think about it made no type of sense but then she met Alejandro.

Anna knew Alejandro's dad was part of something dangerous; the rumor was that he was a narc.

Nobody really knew since the family always kept to themselves. She would only see him when her friends went to get drugs from him.

Nothing really happened between them at first since he was older and had graduated high school the year before. Even with his history in the family he actually went to college to get a degree in business.

Anna was intrigued by him; she knew bringing him around would make her parents go crazy.

One day at a party Anna approached him.

Long story short they hooked up and ended up hanging out everyday. He would sneak into her house to see her.

He never thought he was capable of being so in love with someone until he met her.

Alejandro would shower her with gifts everyday trying to show his love for her until one day they got caught. Which Anna had forgotten about since she was falling in love with him.

It wasn't about making her parents mad anymore, it was about her falling for Alejandro.

Anna's parents were so upset at her they started to talk about sending her to boarding school. They said that the drinking and hanging out late they could tolerate but this just crossed the line.

They prohibited her from leaving the house for weeks. She cried herself to sleep every night just wanting to talk to him.

Then when she noticed she was late for her period she freaked out. While her parents were gone at work she looked everywhere for her phone.