20.

"I can't love you in the dark
It feels like we're oceans apart
There is so much space between us
Baby, we're already defeated"

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Amelia's family always had a weekend together.

A day where everyone in the family put their differences aside and trust me if there was a family that had differences it was theirs.

At the end of the day all of them took care of each other. Which is what family was for but let's face if not all of us believe in that but they did.

So every year on their grandpa's birthday everyone went to spend it together.

Amelia's grandpa had moved more near the city which was a long drive but they really had no option.

Amelia was happy her cousin invited Fezco; it meant they got to spend the whole weekend together but there was more possibilities for them to get caught which is why they chose to be cautious.

It was currently Friday morning and they were all running around in the house trying to get everything together to drive off.

Amelia was in the kitchen making her and Maddy an iced coffee when she heard the doorbell ring, making her rush to the door knowing it was Fez.

Her dad had offered him to come with them since it would just be easier which Amelia didn't complain about but it was definitely going to be harder than she thought.

When she opened the door she smiled immediately at fez.

She was wearing leggings and a sweater to cover her arms and her hair was in a hair clip away from her face. Before she let him in she looked around making sure her parents weren't around and leaned in to give him a small kiss and then pulled away seeing his smile. She got out the way and let him in.

"It's chaotic, try not to make too much noise, Aurora is being a drama queen" Amelia shut the door behind them while he just chuckled at her comment.

"And that she is" Mr. Gonzalez said walking down the stairs with maddy. "I'll be right back, I'm going to pick up her mom" he announced and left.

Amelia walked towards the kitchen while maddy and fez followed. She took her cup and handed it to Maddy.

"Are yall okay?" He asked, looking how the two of them were like walking zombies.

"She literally just stopped crying like twenty minutes ago we're trying to enjoy the peace. Do you want anything?" Amelia replied while she leaned on the counter.

"Nah I'm good..." he replied then Mr Gonzales walked in once again setting some bags down along with maddys mom.

This weekend was the only exception for them to be involved.

At first it was just maddy the one that went to family reunions but as the years went by and the more her and her husband argued the more she started to involve herself again.

Amelia smiled at her and she smiled back when suddenly Aurora started crying again. Maddy and Amelia groaned, making Alejandro chuckle.

"Amy, can you grab her! And make her a bottle please!" Her mom yelled from upstairs

Amelia sighed and sat her cup down and walked to the living room where she was laying on her little bouncer. She picked her up and immediately stopped crying when Amelia walked back in the kitchen and saw everyone.