•C H A P T E R T W E N T Y O N E•

Sarada's POV

"How much longer?"

"Until the pathway stops showing a way Natsu." Lucy answers.

"This is kinda boring. Don't ya think Sting?"

"I think the same Natsu-san. Nothing exciting. We're just walking."

"Then how about we train while walking. What do you say...Sarada?" Scarlet-sama already drew her sword out.

"Well, now that everyone knows of me, guess I don't have to hide back anymore and go all out."

"I like that confident attitude!"

Gray comments as well. "Cocky much, Sarada."

"WHOAAA SARADA VS ERZA!" Happy exclaims.

"Bet she won't win. Erza's way too strong, even for Sarada. I know that much. I fought them both before anyw-"

"You may have fought us both before but I haven't fought with you with my full power Natsu. Also sorry for almost hitting you there. WHOA-"

"KEEP YOUR EYES ON YOUR OPPONENT SARADA"

One of my shadow clones was already behind her. I learnt how to make them instead of copying them.

"I could say the same to you Scarlet-sama! SHANARO!"

"THERE'S TWO SARADAS"
"SHE PUNCHED ERZA"
"SHE'S GONNA DIE"
"Scary...."
"That's some monster strength."
"Fairy Tail has a bunch of monsters what are you talking about? She was able to send Erza flying...somehow."
"What!?!? ERZA'S NOT HURT MUCH?!"
"They're both monsters💀"
"Who in Fairy Tail isn't?"
"Point taken."

...

We've been walking, sometimes running, sometimes flying, sometimes even racing along the golden lit pathway for 3 days now. But it's taking us nowhere! How long is this pathway anyway? Where even is the destination for this? The end of the world?!

Continuing to follow the golden path as it got darker, we soon entered a forest with oak trees and purple leaves growing on them.

"The leaves on the trees are purple!" Happy, Wendy and Carla were stunned at its color. It's the first time I've seen purple leaves too, it's beautiful.

"These trees look strange, have I seen or heard of them before?" Lucy whispered to herself observing them. I heard since I was next to her however. I didn't think of what she might be thinking of about them tho.

Then the moon came out. "I think we should stop here. We'll continue tomorrow." Sting suggested. We got ready for some rest.

It was quiet for a while...and then that's when it happened.

"Sarada!"

Mitsuki? Now?

"This forest doesn't look normal."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"There's a snake here..."
"It talks..."
"Isn't this Mitsuki? Like...not the snake but the person's voice coming from the snake?"
"Oh, Sarada-san's friend!"
"What does he mean tho?"

"I mean that we're not alone here. There's like...ALOT of other people here with us. Well...at least I think they're people."

"He's right!" Lucy suddenly says. "Now that you've said it, I'm sure now. Have you guys ever heard of a dryad?"

"What a dryad?" Everyone asks.

"A dryad is a mystical female forest spirit. These creatures are bounded with trees, meaning they can turn into trees and die with a tree. They can transform into a tree but not too long else they'll forget who they are and remain a tree forever. All dryads are females but there are male ones which are very rare. Dryads can shapeshift, which is their power, they'll mostly shapeshift into elf looking creatures and they use arcane and divine magic. Dryads mature at 35 years but can live for 100 years, they can't die however. They die only when the tree they're bounded by dies. Dryads are bounded with oak trees, sometimes fruit trees. I think they live here, no wonder there's a ton of oak trees. There are different types of dryads as well. These oak trees with purple leaves belong to the Moonleaf Dryads. Moonleaf Dryads are dryads that are able to come out with their powers increased because of the moon. The moon gives them a boost in magic. They must've seen us coming here, and they won't attack us as long as we don't harm the oak trees. They probably won't shapeshift to their female appearances until we leave." Lucy explains.

I...LOVE HER! OH MY GOD! SHE KNOWS SO MUCH.

Besides me, Mitsuki, Calra, Scarlet-sama, Gray, Rouge, Yukino, Gajeel and Lily, the rest were still either processing the information or just don't get it.

"How do you know they exist if they won't appear til we leave?" Gajeel asks.

Lucy answers straight away. "There's people who have almost died while fighting them. It's their faults for trying to chop down a tree anyway. But they got away so now we know of these creatures existence. Anyway, let's leave this forest tomorrow so that we don't bother them more than how much we already did by entering their forest."

"Couldn't have said it any better." Mitsuki commented.

"Oh yeah, dryads don't sleep by the way. We're surrounded by forest, their forest. So even tho they're in the form of a tree now, they are watching us. And since they don't sleep, they are gonna watch us while we sleep." Lucy adds.

Wendy, Yukino and the 5 Exceeds are obviously very disturbed by this fact. "While we sleep..." Yeah they're scared now.

"Just gonna have to deal with it. We're just gonna sleep, wake up early tomorrow, and get outta here and continue following the pathway." Gray gets back to sleep...naked-

"Put on your damn clothes! There's women everywhere in this area Gray!" I scolded.

The next day...

We said we'll leave immediately when we wake up. I activated the jutsu again to lead the way, we're still following it, just walking to Mavis knows where. And we're still surrounded by these oak trees🧍‍♀️.

"Hey...how big is this forest anyway?" Gajeel asks.

"Are we getting deeper into the forest? Or is the destination for this pathway in this forest?" Carla asks.

"We've been walking forever now. Where's the exit?" Sting asks.

"Oh Mavis..." Gray says with a bored look.

"AGHH, HAPPY WE'RE GOING UP!"

"AYE SIR!"

Natsu and Happy, along with the other Exceeds go into the air to see if there's an exit.

"OVER THERE!" Natsu yells.

They come back down. Lector tells us the direction. "We're heading south! If we run we can get there in a few hours."

"LET'S GET RUNNING THEN! GRAY, YOU VS ME!"

"Let's go!"

"Ready, steady, go!" And they sped off. Gajeel, Sting and Rouge following right after. The Exceeds following behind, except Carla.

"Wanna race? Just us girls?" Lucy asks, to which we all agreed to. I mean, why not? Think I'll go however fast I want. This is a race after all.

"Ready, steady....go!"

2 seconds later...

"Sarada disappeared?!"
"SHE'S WITH THE BOYS"
"What do you mean Carla?"
"SHE'S- She's ahead of the boys💀"
"SHE CAN RUN THAT FAST?!"
"Guess it's expected, she's a shinobi, she's been doing this since she was a kid. A race is probably nothing."
"OHH That reminds me of the infiltration job we went on to get a gem back and she got it herself in a flash!"
"THAT'S MY STUDENT FOR YOU ALRIGHT!"

"SARADA DAMMIT! THAT'S IT! ME VS GRAY VS GAJEEL VS STING VS ROUGE VS SARADA!"
"YOU'RE ON"

I sighed.

Oh boy, we're in for a ride on this adventure. I can feel it!

A/N: Dryads are cool. I listen to a ton of music like this. I recommend listening to Celtic Music from this guy istg. I also recommend "Faolan Music" I think the name is? On yt. Amazing music production🙌😍🛐