•C H A P T E R T H I R T Y T W O•

Author's POV

The next day, at breakfast, was quite loud. It was always loud actually, but...still loud.

"Are you kidding?! When I came to mom and Hima, Hima squeezed the life out of me, and mom put kisses all over my face! I didn't mind since they missed me and mom was busy crying alot anyway but...WHY DID YOU HIT ME SO HARD?!?! EVEN GRANDPA DIDN'T HUG ME LIKE HIMA DID, HANABI-ONEECHAN TOO!"

"YOU DESERVED THE BEATING!"

"Well I can't argue with that BUT IT HURT 'TTEBASA!!"

"Poor kid, I'll go easier next time, since you can't handle it like a man!"

"Onee-chan, Oni-chan, stop it already, the day just started, and I can't eat with all that noise."

"Sorry Hima." They spoke in sync.

Hinata smiled at the scene. "You two need to hurry up if you want to meet up with Mitsuki you know. Might as well surprise your friends too. You lot need to catch up."

"What about you and Hima?" Boruto asks.

"I'll be taking a day off today. But Hima–" Hinata was cut off.

"–I know, I know. I'll go to Shino Sensei and help him out like I promised. I didn't forget."

Himawari hurriedly ran to the front door to put on her shoes. "I'm leaving now!"

"Be safe!"

"Hai!~"

When Himawari left, Boruto whispered to Sarada. "She's changed alot."

Sarada responded, "Mm. After you and Nanadaime left, she wasn't a bright sunflower at all. Scared she'd loose her mom, she decided to become a shinobi in hopes to at least protect her in the future. Miss Hinata didn't like the idea, and told her she doesn't have to do anything, since she'd protect her and her future instead. But, Hima's stubborn, so I thought, maybe they both would live for each other and protect each other. They agreed. And so, instead of only one being a shinobi to protect them, they both are.

I've been on missions with them, as you know, we're Team Gentlest, they enjoy being together in the chaos."

"I see."

"And she's also learnt alot from Miss Hinata. Her Byakugan is formidable to go up against, and I gave her some lessons as well as sparred with her, so she's quite an amazing ninja now. One of the best genins nowadays." Sarada spoke further.

"No wonder she acts like that. She spends time with Sarada." Boruto mumbled.

"I heard that!"

"G-Gomenasai!"

...

Boruto and Sarada met up with Mitsuki, soon afterwards bumping into the Ino-Shika-Cho trio, then the teams of all boys and all girls. They sat at Thunder Burger like the old days and chatted for hours! All except Sumire and Kawaki were there, which was noticed by Boruto.

"I just remembered, where's Sumire and Kawaki? I haven't seen Kawaki when I reunited with mom and Hima so..."

"Sumire's still at the science lab, just like back then." Wasabi answered.

"Kawaki was with us but sometime after Sarada came back, he got permission from the Hokage to stay in the science lab. Apparently, Kawaki has taken a liking towards Sumire, and rather stays near her than any other scientist." Mental follows after.

"A liking huh? Interesting. As long as he's ok. Does he visit sometimes?" Boruto asks.

Shikadai answered this time. "Well, he came last month with Sumire. Idk when he'll come again."