•C H A P T E R F O R T Y F O U R•

The Afterlife Realm group observed the new generation.

Metal enjoying youth with kids, Iwabe playing cool with them, Denki talking to young couples, Wasabi helping people out, Namida in awe at how playful and cute babies are, Tsubaki speaking with the elderly while helping them, Inojin drawing Mitsuki to pass time while Inoichi watches, Shikadai having a drag of a conversation with Inojin while he's drawing, Shikaku and Asuma watching how Inojin's drawing as well as listening to their conversation and eternally laughing inside, Mitsuki posing for Inojin's drawing, Cho-Cho and Sarada having their usual chats on what they usually talk about, bringing Himawari into it, and Boruto helping Hinata with anything.

Naruto, Neji, Kushina and Minato loved the sight of him lessening his mother's work.

Neji can't help but smile whenever he sees Himawari. Such a sunflower she is.

Sasuke, Sakura, and the other Uchihas, Indra and Ashura included, always take the chance to glance at Sarada. Sasuke and Sakura especially.

They've noticed some things have changed with her. Physically, long hair, curves, taller, not that much chest, etc. But beside physical, she's a bit more loosened up, carefree, and seems to be trying to enjoy herself, but they can also see that she's piled up alot on herself too.

...

Boruto's POV

"Can I ask all of you young shinobi something?" The first Hokage, or should I say, Old Man Hashite, asks.

We were all traveling again, it's already the next day.

Inojin speaks, "Ask away."

"Why are you all shinobi? What is it you wish to accomplish as a shinobi? What keeps you striving to become stronger? What or who do you want to be known as in history?"

"That's one hell of a question." Wasabi comments.

"That's not even a question." Tsubaki spoke back.

"Um..." Himawari's voice was heard. Some heads turned to her, the rest not looking but still listening. "I decided to become a shinobi in the first place to protect and take care of mom, now I want to do the same to my friends...I don't want anyone to end up like my dad, even tho everyone will be like that in the end. But I'd still like to fight for them. If I could, I'd like to help others from loosing a family member too."

"Her strength of love and kindness is beyond words...Himawari-chan, that's beautiful🤧" Said dad, or who I should call Menma now. When I saw who he was I had to leave the area for a bit to cool off myself...I may or may not have cried. Then again who wouldn't...it's dad after all.

"Well...I didn't like the idea of her being a shinobi because of me, I thought I'd be the one to protect and take care of Hima, but then Sarada suggested why not both of us fight for each other and fight together. So we're here now." Mom explains her reason.

"Wanting to be strong for your child...us mothers always think of our children." Grandma states (ofc I'll call her Miss Shira instead), Miss Miyake agreeing.

I've been studying Miss Miyake and the others who I don't know of, if anything, besides Aunt Sakura, everyone with dark purple hair and eyes, which includes Mr. Sasuke, are Uchihas. They all the same anyway. Well, maybe not the little boy named Kenma and the girl named Izumi-san but, they're Uchihas alright.

The others gave their reason for becoming shinobi. Ino-Shika-Cho, starting off with "My parents enrolled me there so I had no choice", Metal wanting to be like his dad, Iwabe dreams to be a a shinobi like dad, Denki thinks ninja are cool, and so on. It was kinda weird for Mitsuki's turn😅.

"To be with Boruto."

"Uh...that's it?" Old Man Mitsuya asks, another person I've never met, but I can tell he looks like Kakashi Sensei. So in conclusion: The White Fang!

"That's why I enrolled the Academy. To be with him. Later on when we were put in teams as Team 7 with Sarada, I came to care for her as well. Later on, the rest of our friends. In the end, I want to keep each one of them alive. Although of course, Boruto is still my no.1😄"

I sighed. "You make it sound even more like if we have a thing for each other when we don't. I'm straight for heaven's sake. Even tho I haven't found anyone I find attractive to me yet."

Now here's what damn shocking. I'm literally shookth. Hear what Sarada said right after I said that.

"How am I not attractive to you yet?"

My face looks like a tomato now. Great. BUT WHAT ELSE IS A GUY EVEN SUPPOSED TO SAY TO THAT??!? HOW WAS I EVEN SUPPOSED TO REACT?!?!?!

"I-I-I'm sorry??" Shit I stuttered. Wtf I STUTTERED!?!?!?!

"I said what I said pretty boy. Am I not attractive?"

How bold can she be? What the hell?!?!

I can already feel those dead people's eyes on me...especially Mr. Sasuke.

Panicking, I said "Y-You are, jus–"

"Cho-Cho you hear that? He said I'm attractive!"

"I HEARD SISTA, I HEARD!"

"How is that something to get excited for?" I questioned to myself.

Another question came up from Mr. Yuri, who is, again, someone idk but he's definitely an Uchiha. "Well nevermind that. What about you two?"

I spoke, "Me? I didn't really know why I wanted to be a shinobi at all til I became genin and met Mr. Sasuke– Sarada's dad."

Mr. Yuri looked interested, "Oh? Why's that?" At this moment, most Uchihas have their eyes and ears on me.

"Well, I just thought the way he protects the village to be pretty cool 'ttebasa. So I wanted to do the same😅" Explaining while aware of their gazes is kinda weird ngl.

Mr. Sasuke, aka Mr. Hiro, then asked, "And the young raven haired girl in glasses?"

Don't you already know?

Sarada answered with a light smile, "I wanna become the Hokage!"

There was a silence for a while, all those dead people looking pretty shook. After a while Mr. Sasuke said, "I see. That's a huge goal but I'm sure you'll get there."

"Mhm."

Guess he just wanted to hear her say that. Probably to reassure himself and make sure she hasn't lost her path after he died.

"Doesn't that mean you two will be stuck together forever?"

A/N: my exams are finished. I decided I'll start updating chapters more now that I have lots of time.