•C H A P T E R T H I R T Y S I X•

Author's POV

It's another day in the Hyuga residence.

And once again...there's some chaos or the other happening.

"How much more have you learnt these past 2 years?" a blonde boy asked.

"There's more tbvh but I never had the cause to use them yet. In fact, I'm still trying to perfect them." the onyx eyed girl said.

"How come I don't see you training with some technique or jutsu that I've never seen you use before??" he asked again.

"I train secretly. You should know that by now."

"Right right."

...

"Don't think you can escape me. I have your friend here with me. Make a single step and I won't kill her but I'll do something worse, RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU!"

Boruto and Mitsuki cursed themselves as they froze on their movements.

"Don't listen to him, it's obviously a-" Sarada was cut off.

"Oh no, it's not." said the man. Team 7 were supposed to track him down, a little request from the police. But it seems he too is a shinobi, and he caught Sarada somehow.

"Boys! Formation V, technique 2!" Sarada called out. The two bestfriends immediately following her instructions.

"I told you, move and she gets..." He ripped off a piece of her clothing, but earned a hard kick from her.

"Honestly. Ew." She dusted off non existent dust from her clothes. She then looked at her clothes that had a big rip. "Well shit. And I was really rocking this mission gear. Oh well."

"Sarada, you ok?" Mitsuki asked to which she nodded.

"Uh...are you planning on doing something about-" Boruto got his sentence cut by Sarada.

"The mission's already done. Let's send him in. This is something I can stitch back when we go home. Let's go."

"Uh...ok." Boruto said. While Mitsuki followed with a small "Aye." then whispered to Boruto "This happened many times with her clothes when she overdoes it so don't worry." And he whispered back "Oh ok."

...

"So...really I think only Mitsuki, Konohamaru, Shikamaru and Shikadai knew what when on while she was in the other world. I mean, as far as everyone else here in the village knows, she disappeared and found herself in another world. I heard Orochimaru helped them as well behind the scenes to bring her back. But of course the villagers don't know that, Team 7 and the rest knows. Other than that...we don't know much." Hinata spoke as Boruto showed a frown.

He's been trying to find out what exactly happened during the 2 years he's been gone. Sure he has the ability to see people's memories-not that he would tell anyone he can do that now-but he can't seem to see anything after he sees Sarada's memory where she was with Mitsuki and was being dragged away from him by a strange wind. Right after he sees that...it goes as if she blinks and she's suddenly in the middle of the Hokage Office. Her memory goes on again smoothly...but then he doesn't see any memory of her even training her 'The Knight' power she got from this person she spoke of. He doesn't know what this 'person's' gender is even.

Which leaves him with even more questions than answers. He tried looking into Mitsuki's memory, Konohamaru's, Shikamaru's, Shikadai's. But he found nothing. Why can't he see what happens after Sarada went missing?? Someone must've put a jutsu on them. But who? The only person he could think of was those people themselves. They don't want people knowing of what went on when she was in this other world. And it seems that some of the training she does that she learnt from her friends in the other world, is also under a jutsu as to not let anyone even have a clue.

After all that investigation, he found nothing. Just more questions. He groaned as he fell back on his bed, "uGH!! Why can't I find ANYTHING?!?!"

A little voice was heard right after, "Find what thing? Did you lose something Oni-chan?"

"Hey Hima...do you know- no, wait...did you notice anything different about Sarada after she came back from this other world from what I hear??"

"No. She seems more of a........she tells me to wait a year again for me to say these words but it's the only way to describe it, she's more of a confident b-word than 2 years ago." Himawari answers.

"Yeah no shit😑."

"But..." Himawari spoke again, "....she might kill me for saying this. I'm too young and cute to die yet🧍‍♀️."

"Hima....tell me."

She remained silent.

"I'll buy you movie tickets for that movie you wanted to see."

She still remained silent.

Boruto sighed. "I'll watch it with you."

Her face lit up. "Promise?"

"Pinky."

"Ok, so before you think anything, this thing does not harm her in any way. She told me so. She has a blue mark, kinda looks like a tattoo, on her stomach."

Boruto didn't think he'd have to use his Jougan to find something relating to her disappearance.

"That's it. You'll keep your promise right?" Himawari asks, before Boruto replied with a "Yes I will." and then she left.

Boruto was now left with one little clue about this other world she went in. He decided later he'll use his Jougan on her and see this mark himself. He can use the Jougan without anyone seeing it's activated by his own choice now anyway.

--

Sarada was casually sitting in the library reading as well as writing some notes from her studies for future purposes when she's Hokage of course. Boruto slid the chair from across her quietly and sat down.

He tapped a corner of the page she was on, and Sarada raised her brows that pretty much means 'what's up' or 'hn' in her way.

"Whatcha doin'?" He asks quietly. While talking, he activates his Jougan in a way where she won't even see a difference with his eyes from her peripheral.

"Taking notes. Why are you here? You don't ever come to the library."

"I'm kinda bored." He says, which was actually true.

"Go train, read something, spar with someone, help Himawari with hers, I dunno."

"I already buyed movie tickets for both of us siblings to watch this movie she wants to see next week. She doesn't want me around her now."

"Oh well. Do whatever you want, just don't disturb me please and thank you."

Using his Jougan, Boruto sees the mark Himawari told him of. However he can't seem to recognize what the mark was. It looks like a tattoo but...of what?? Is it a hummingbird?

Boruto ended up staring into space and falling asleep, while Sarada continued with her work.

A/N: continue in the next chap!