•C H A P T E R T H I R T Y•

Boruto's POV (A/N: IT'S HIS POV NOW BISHES AHHHH)

Teleporting back to earth, I inhaled the fresh air, felt all around me, and stood there for a while, appreciating nature.

I ran, making my way back to the familiar road towards the Konoha gates.

The Yamanaka clan might take notice of my chakra once I step in, so I hid my traces and stealthily ran to the Hokage's office. That's the first thing I must do now that I'm back, go to the Hokage, and explain why I'm not dead. Cuz everyone knew I was dead for two years now.

As I passed by the Hokage Faces, I saw Konohamaru nii-chan's face next to my dad's. Since when did dad retire? Was it to stay with mom and Hima since he thought I really died? Idk, I'll ask nii-chan.

I knocked on the office door, waited til I heard a "Come in".

Ok, in *inhales* out *exhale* welp, here goes nothing.

I turned the door handle...and stepped in.

Author's POV

Boruto took a step forward into the office, seeing his elder brother figure and sensei, focused on paperwork on his desk. Which much reminded him of his old man, putting a grin on his face.

"If you're here to complain about your teammates or sensei you've been grouped with, I'm sorry but I'm afraid I can't change anything. Try to get along with your teammates, and learn well from your sensei, give it your best kids."

Boruto's lips turned upwards. "I think I'm getting along with my teammates and sensei really well, Hokage-sama."

Konohamaru's hand stopped from writing, and slowly but carefully, looked up...to find the young boy he considered his naughty younger brother. Boruto was smiling at him just like he did when he was excited Konohamaru agreed to teach him the Rasengan.

"Y-You...y-you're...is it really...."

"Nii-chan, please, calm down, I know it's really unexpected and sudden for me to be here but, that's exactly what I want to explain to you right now. I'm sure everyone thought I was dead 2 years ago, right? I want to explain what exactly happened that day after the battle."

Konohamaru, not knowing what to do, chose to listen to the slightly grown teenage Boruto he last remembered before him. "...ok...explain...".

...

Shikamaru neared Konohamaru's office, quickly sensing something's wrong. Someone's in there with him.

"Shikamaru-san...you can come in." He heard Konohamaru's voice on the other side of the door.

He listened and opened the door, but didn't expect to see...

"Mr. Shikamaru, great, it will be good if you're here while I'm explaining." The blonde spoke.

"What?!?!"

A while later...

"What?!?!"

"So this entire time, you were training this eye, and trying to work with both the Karma and Jougan, with guidance from Toneri. You were on the moon, training!? For two years?!?! Cuz he saved you when everyone left." Konohamaru tries to process what has been told to him.

"Exactly."

"Did you master them?" Shikamaru asks.

"Yeah, I'll still need to practice daily tho. But, here's what I wanna know, since when did dad retire? Nii-chan's the Hokage now, congratulations on getting to your goal, but what happened to dad?"