5. My Cakeee

Quadruple update because y'all deserve this... and the Trident of Poseidon tbh for all my absences.
As always, I love y'all infinity times infinity. or double infinity. or whatever the live laugh love yt ppl say.
Enjoy, my lovelies!
xoxo

Derek

Oh Derek

Oh Derek. Please, you fucking idiot, say something.

"R-Right." I finally nodded in his direction. "I live in the apartments off Sax, down this road here."

Having the opportunity to rip my gaze away from John's and set them back onto the road, felt like someone gave me a hit from their oxygen tank... after damn near drowning in the Indian Ocean. I was a happy to focus on something other than John's continued side glances.

My brain was in shambles as to whether it was overreacting to some very normal conversational glances, but what I did know was that John really needed to focus on the road more.

Luckily we pulled up to the front of my complex just minutes later. I couldn't wait to start gathering my things and launch myself out of this car (respectfully, of course) but John stopped me before I could dish out a quick thank you and be on my way. 

"Would you like me to walk you up?" He asked, placing his hand briefly on my shoulder. I turned back to him with a smile. On the surface, I hoped this smile looked genuine, because inside I wanted to shrink myself into oblivion.

"That's really not necessary, but thank you for such a friendly offer," I replied. "Really, you've honestly done so much more than you needed to tonight, so thank you."

The smile that spread across his face, forced an even more genuine one from myself. I quickly slid out of that passenger seat, but as I closed the door, the side window rolled down.

This guy was fucking relentless.

"I'll be in New York for a few days, but when I get back here, there is something you could do for me that could make us a little more even. I mean I did liberate you from the dungeon those government aides forced you into."

Well that was one way to put bailing me out of jail.

A chuckle escaped my lips, and before I could stop myself, I gave him a nod.

It was as if whatever urgent energy he had on his face, sort of just washed away. He relaxed in his seat with that killer smile still threatening my very existence.

"Perfect. I'll see you soon, Derek," was all he said before he shifted gears, and the sports car pulled away. He didn't even tell me what the thing was, but that was all the go-ahead I needed, to quickly get my ass into my apartment building. I was so lost thinking about the last few moments of that car ride, I didn't notice not the one, not two, but about five wet floor signs in my apartment's lobby.