51. I Take This Date Instead Of Plus One Title Very Seriously

Mayyybee another upload today but we'll see! I decided I'd extend the story juuuust a smidge (like an extra chapter or two lol) so y'all get the fluff I know you want.
I think we're looking at give or take, five more chapters
I do have something else in the works after this, so I may or may not drop a preview chapter for it somewhere between now and the end of this story
Anywhoo, love y'all!
Enjoy, lovelies!

Warning: Explicit Content... kinda sorta, you be the judge ;)

John

Four Hours Before Present Time

I couldn't control myself anymore. Not my rage, nor my urges with Derek. My blood was still boiling from the events I just witnessed play out.

That woman kissed him. Kissed him. And as if the audacity wasn't fucking rampant enough, she then slapped him.

I had a brief lapse in judgment with containing my growing rage when I saw that, so when the champagne chute finally shattered in my hand, I couldn't even register I'd done it at first. Hell, I wasn't even sure who handed me the damn towel or who took the drenched suit jacket off of me. All I had my eyes set on then, was Derek.

The absolute rage I had for that woman who dared to touch him in any way, let alone like that. The hug had already pulled me completely out of the conversation with Olaf, and fixated on those two, but then what followed...

That kiss made me feel something I don't think I've ever felt for another partner before. The slap just secured my sudden urge to kill someone.

I couldn't remember the walk over, but I'm sure I pushed a few people out of my way to get there. Derek had seen me stalking over to him, his eyes darting sporadically between the women in front of him, and myself. The look on his face was clear panic.

He seemed like he was working hard to figure out how to explain what just happened, but I didn't care to have that conversation here. Or with anyone else but him.

I grabbed the hand he pointed at me, firmly, trying so goddamn hard not to pull too hard as I yanked him towards me. It felt good having him near me again. My body stilled a moment though, when I made eye contact with the woman who touched him. She was standing to my right.

I didn't recognize her, or the older woman Derek had first started this conversation with, and from how the older woman introduced herself to Derek, I don't think he knew who she was either.

But he sure as hell knew this younger one.

I glanced over her features for a brief second. She was tall, beautiful... which only pissed me the fuck off more. I couldn't remember exactly what I told her because in that moment, I wasn't thinking straight. I was seeing red, while simultaneously telling myself that I couldn't lay hands on this woman the same way she had with Derek.