23. Go. The Fuck. HOME.

Basically technically kinda sorta a double upload because my last chapter went up at like 2am this morning
I got a flat and need to tow my car in to get it replaced today, but there's no carriers available right now so... here's another chapter!
Who knows, might be a triple upload cause Progressive is playing in my fucking face with their roadside assistance...
And I guess I love that for y'all lol
Enjoy!
xoxo

John

Russia?

Russia?

Well, that explained some of his weirdness.

And why he'd been just about attached at the hip to Joan these last few weeks.

We had so much to catch up on, I thought to myself... but Brad was the first to stand, signaling this meeting was officially over.

"Now if you'll excuse me, Joan and I have dinner plans."

Joan looked over at Brad as she stood. "We do?"

"Yes." Brad nodded. "It was supposed to be a surprise, but now that we've got even less time to get ready for it, I guess the cats out of the bag. Anyways, it's always a pleasure being inconvenienced by you Christian, thank you."

Christian eyes peered over at his brother, before yanking open and pulling out a tape roll from his desk's top drawer. "You seem to have forgotten who got us here, bRaD. Should I tape this document together and share with the class just what was witnessed and documented in that back stairwell?"

"No!" Joan shot out quickly. "Nope, no no- message received loud and clear Christian, thank you. Let's go, Brad." Joan ushered them out of the office quickly before both brothers really got into it.

"If they get to leave, I'm leaving too." Derek told Alex and Christian.

"Same," I agreed, getting up myself. "If you're all done with this lecture dad, I have a child of my own that needs to be fed, unless I want to come back to shredded furniture." I explained to Christian and Alex.

Derek also stood, grumbling to himself "this OT better be double time," then turned to leave the office.

Before he could make it fully down the hall towards the elevators, I stopped him. "Hold up a second," I spoke, reaching out to grab his arm and pull him back towards me.

He stumbled a bit as he turned, but I caught him with ease, wrapping my arms around him. Once my eyes found his, a smile spread slowly across my lips. I was holding him against me by his waist, and god did it bring back some fond memories. I'd been dying to touch him again.

Before I could say anything else, we heard a loud pitched sound, then Christian's voice bellowed down the hall through the megaphone.

"Now what the fuck did we literally just meet about? I know you two are taking the fucking piss."