40. Love Forces A Whole New Approach On How One Handles Business

Hello my lovelies!
I hope you all had a great holiday if you live in the US!
I took some time to spend time with my mum since it was just her and I for the holidays (second year without my daddio since his passing, and my sister is in my home country Kenya visiting family) so I hope y'all understand the little hiatus.
Of course, in true fashion, I got back and started revising all that I wrote lol, so this chapter is indeed necessary but also a bit of a filler.
No worries though, it's a good lead up to what's to come!
I hope you all are taking good care of yourselves
I love y'all to bits,
xoxo
P.S. check below for incredible art by one of my readers!! TouchLiit

John

Though I may have tried denying it in the past

Though I may have tried denying it in the past... there was literally no denying it now.

I was falling mad fucking hard for Derek.

And not like in a graceful dainty fall sort of way, I'm not even referencing the fall people do in horror movies after tripping over shit that simply didn't exist. I'm talking about a belly flop from ten thousand stories high onto straight concrete type of fall. That's how hard these feelings hit me when I woke up to this man in my arms the next morning.

I had found myself just watching him sleep in the early hours. His body was completely curled into mine, his legs entangled with my own as his head rested on my chest. My eyes glanced only briefly past his, to the now empty pint of southern butter pecan ice cream that Derek and myself just about annihilated in bed during the night, whilst I asked him more about his comic series and how it was coming along.

I chose not to tell him about reaching out to Marty just yet. I still hadn't heard back about whether Onyx would be interested in the pitch or not, and I didn't want to relay half baked information.

Derek looked so peaceful now. Those long lashes moving only slightly whenever his eye lids twitched. It reminded me of the first time I had found him sleeping, when he spent the night on my couch. God, that now felt like ages ago.

I wanted to think it's because Derek and I had spent so much time together, but really, work was starting to stretch these week days out and cram the weekends in. It felt like I was sucked into a black hole sometimes whenever I reviewed statements and got a glimpse of how Christian was running things before.

Though I'd given Christian shit in the past for almost always getting off scot free because of his affluent background, this was one of the moments where I had to admit I might've been wrong. At least with my reasoning.

Christian was just somehow, someway, lucky as all fucking hell.

And I genuinely meant this.

I hadn't seen the extent of things with my previous visits to Ivanov Corp, so this partnership sure has been eye opening.