13. Let Him Cook

Edits and an extra chapter coming after work today :)
xoxo

Derek

I had no plans of staying as late as I did yesterday

Absolutely no plans of spending the night, that's for sure.

And if you told me this morning after would end with me on one of John's barstools, watching him cook breakfast while he got his laptops fired up for a meeting in fifteen minutes... I'd tell you to get into writing with a storytelling gift such as yours.

"What are you doing?" A man asked through one of John's laptops, which was facing away from me and towards John as he cut some tomatoes on the counter.

Much to my dismay that was.

I wasn't a vegetable person at all. I liked bread. And sweets. And cheese. Pretty much any non healthy food you can think of, is on my list of prospects. So far John had cut spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, bell peppers, and some green leafy shit I didn't recognize... and all I could tell myself was to let him cook. Trust the process.

"I'm making breakfast," John replied to the man who sounded incredibly serious and alert for how early it was. Even John had some remnants of sleep still in his eyes, and sleep lines down his neck. And chest...

It was like somebody had cut John out of one of those sexy shirtless year calendars police and fire departments sometimes did. Or at least I think they did, I'd only ever seen this referred to in movies and TV shows, which was where I based most of my knowledge from, but if that didn't exist in real life it should. Imagine the department revenue that would come in. Maybe I gotta look into that as a potential business idea...

I couldn't help but stare at him, I mean, what guy wouldn't want a body like that? The amount of chicks he must get, have got to be astronomical.

"You're making breakfast now? We've got this call with Dickens and Rogers in like thirty minutes. And why are you shirtless?"

I wondered the same thing...

"Because I'm in the comfort of my own home," John replied.

Shit. Right. I was the one intruding here, I reminded myself. But John insisted...

I watched as he transferred all the ingredients into a bowl, before popping open the egg carton. Oooh, it's an omelette, I thought to myself. I wasn't sure where he was going with all the rabbit food he put in there. I was always a cheese and bacon bits omelette girly myself, so this one was going to be... interesting...

Let him cook. Let him cook. Let him cook... don't say anything stupid, Derek.

"I know you love trying to seduce me with that meticulously cared for body of yours... but as far as I know, these aren't the assets Dickens and Rogers are interested in." The man's voice replied.