21. What Is With You And This Damn Closet?

I forgot to slap an Explicit Content Warning on the last chapter but I think it's there now!
My bad y'all
Anywhooo double upload cause I love youu
xoxo

John

Derek was avoiding me

Derek was avoiding me. And it was starting to piss me off. Which wasn't mixing well with my worry.

I tried to give him a call last night but he sent me to voicemail, and that had to be the first time he has ever missed my call. Intentionally at least.

I tried to meet him at his desk after my first meeting this morning, but that was a bust. Joan told me he was around the building running some errands.

I made excuse after excuse to wander to every floor, including replacing my fully functioning keycard, before a miracle from above came in the form of overbooked conference rooms on the fifth and fourth floor. I recommended we go to the third and use customer services smaller conference room instead since it would be just the four of us- Brad, Alex, Christian, and myself.

That landed us on the floor Derek worked on, which gave me direct view of his and Joan's desks.

Sure enough, about ten minutes into our meeting, Derek finally made his way back to his desk. At first he didn't notice us right across the hall, so I just watched as he went through his daily work. At some point he pulled his headset on to take a couple calls, but every few moments he would press a button on his headset and turn to Joan to say something.

Joan looked irritated, but she entertained the side conversations. When it was her turn to pull on her headset, Derek slipped his off and grabbed a stack of papers off his desk. He then moved around to walk to the printer that was located a bit closer to the conference room, and started scanning a few documents.

He got about halfway through the stack before finally looking up, and through the large floor to ceiling windows and completely glass door, he made eye contact with me.

First his face went pale white, then it got really really flushed. And very soon after that, Derek darted behind one of the decorative office trees near the printer... but I could still see his shoulders, and the stacks of papers he was holding.

He seemed to turn to someone, and when I glanced in that direction, Joan had her headset around her neck now and she was saying something to Derek. She looked insanely confused, which Derek didn't help with when all he did was wave his hand dismissing her. It stuck out behind the tree hilariously.

That was probably what got the attention of Brad, Alex, and Christian... the goofy as shit smile on my face by how funny this ridiculous man was.

"What the fuck..." Christian muttered, rolling his chair up beside me to get a better look. Alex was right at his side doing the same, while Brad just straight up got out of his own chair and walked behind us to see for himself.