10. Tomorrow? I Thought You Were Leaving Friday?

Unedited, but a double upload cause I love y'all-
will edit in the next 24 hours, scouts honor
Love you
xoxo

John

My fingers moved to the bridge of my nose, massaging the area in hopes of relief as both I and Don sat in on yet another three hour meeting

A message popped up from Don in our own private chat, separate from us and the boards thank god.

Sit up. If you slouch any further you'll be under the fucking table

The presenter from our board had continuously looked to me as he presented, using me as his beacon of light and forcing me to pay somewhat attention, but I took the opportunity while he fiddled with his clicker, to message Don back.

I'm sitting in yet another three hour meeting about delegation training amongst our board. You're lucky I haven't done anything drastic yet, like leave

I glanced up from my laptop screen to make eye contact with the presenter again. He was an older man, maybe early fifties, yet he carried himself like a novice to the field of work. Project Management must've been a new to him, I thought.

I broke eye contact first, caring less and less about my engagement as I felt this meeting finally nearing its end. Will, our less than engaged presenter, was using follow up words such as regrouping, and getting something else on the calendar which meant we had about ten more minutes tops.

It was Wednesday afternoon, our first three hour meeting had started at 6:30 am, and this one started immediately after that one, with an expected end time of 12:30pm... yet here we all were, fifteen minutes past that and still going at it.

By the time our presenter got to his last slide, I needed a drink.

-

"You took good notes, right?"

Don sighed, leaning against my office desk as he looked through some files on his tablet. I was zooming through emails on my end, trying to clear out what was unread and reply to things on hold. "Please tell me you paid some attention."

I briefly glanced away from the screen to look up at Don, noticing more of his grey stubble coming in that he usually kept clean shaven. "I mean, I'm pretty confident about the first two hours, but that last one stripped me of my will to live."

Don glanced down at me, sporting a disappointing frown that didn't look entirely too believable. I saw a tinge of humor in his eyes, and knew instantly that he was suffering through that just as much as I was.

"William sure can drag a meeting out," he nodded slightly. "Don't worry, I condensed most of that discombobulated mess of a presentation into key notes, and I'll email those over shortly." His positive words made me breathe a sigh of relief, because as much as I absolutely loved my entire team here at Mavericks, and all the work they put in for us, I didn't want to hear William explain anything else to me ever again.