33. When You Stop, We Stop

A lil weekend treat, might be a double upload cause I'm particularly hyped about these next few chapters... ;)
but we shall see
Enjoy, m'lovelies!
xoxo

Derek

I slept all the way into Saturday morning

It was actually the call from John that woke me up. He was letting me know he was on his way to come pick me up, and would be here in thirty.

I kept my cool and remained calm over the phone.

Then rightfully so, I full on lost it as soon as I hung up.

In addition to having to shower, dress, and at least try with my hair because I wanted to look nice today...

Yes, John was starting to make me care about my hair. It was a tough pill to swallow- looking over at his perfect style, then catching a glimpse of my insane birds nest in the mirror. John didn't seem to care, but that just made me want to try even harder to not look a mess.

Anyways, in addition to all that, I also had to get my computer and the new parts together. Luckily I hadn't removed the new parts from the original packaging that was delivered to my door earlier this week. As for my computer though, I forgot to get it ready to move last night.

I didn't do anything after making it back from Tully's, but sleep.

This meant that I was in the fight of my life trying to wrap up jumbled chords and cables when John finally arrived. I thought he would just shoot me a text that he was downstairs, but he instead walked all the way up to my apartment door. The knock damn near gave me a heart attack.

"Hi." I smiled up at him a bit wildly once I threw the door open. I was still holding a massive ball of three tangled cables that refused to separate. Maybe I should've been happy for the happy throuple, who fucking knows.

John looked even better today, if that was humanly possible.

He was in casual clothes, but since the weather had started to get chillier, he was wearing something warmer. Light blue distressed jeans and a cashmere sweater. Not a single strand had strayed from that perfect hairstyle he was rocking, and like always, I felt ridiculous compared to him.

I had grabbed literally whatever was clean and threw it on. The shirt I grabbed ended up being the one I guess I never returned to Brad. It was the shirt I changed into the morning after the Gala, after Slav had...

I shivered. Oh the memories.

Those horrid memories.

I can comfortably say that I had never experienced a hose down until that day. My stomach was already churning just thinking about the god awful dish I had to eat after that.

I vowed from that day on, to never step foot in another Ivanov's place... Or at least I once thought that was plausible, but if Joan ended up asking for help while Brad was out, of course I was going.