35. So Is This Like A Self Serve Situation? Buffet Style?

I'm back lovelies! Sorta!
Lol I'm changing the next few chapters as we speak, to find a happy medium between fluff and smut... but you've been warned, it's going to get pretty explicit ;)
Enjoy!
xoxo
Warning: Explicit Content (kinda, sorta a bit, maybe... you be the judge lol)

John

I glanced back over at the source of the laughter that filled the living room as I finished making the dressing for the side salad I was putting together

I glanced back over at the source of the laughter that filled the living room as I finished making the dressing for the side salad I was putting together. The salmon was almost done in the oven.

Marty and Derek were joking about something, but I couldn't hear them well over the light jazz since the Bluetooth speaker was in the kitchen with me.

I was still confused on what the hell was going on with those two. I had only been gone for about five to ten minutes, but when I returned, the energy in my home had completely changed.

For starters, Herold was now sitting in Derek's lap on the floor. That wasn't the craziest part though, the craziest part was the fact that Marty was still sitting beside Derek working on the computer. I'd never seen Herold willingly choose to be this close to Marty, especially without hissing.

Derek was giving him a full body massage though, so that must've been some incentive for him to act somewhat civilized.

The other weird thing was how close Marty and Derek had suddenly become. It wasn't like they were fighting or anything before, but I could tell Derek didn't really seem to like him much.

I meant to pull Derek aside after feeding Herold to ask him if everything was okay, but by the time I got back from the shed with Herold's wet food, everything had seemed to magically resolve itself.

And now I couldn't help but stare as Marty made some side comment and Derek laughed, then vice versa.

Derek seemed to be really focused on putting everything back together, so much so, they were almost done by the time I wrapped up cooking. The stove clock told me it was now going on almost five in the evening.

Going off the business hours Marty would argue I didn't care to memorize because of how often I abused them, I knew Marty would have to go back to the store right after eating. He still needed to do a full close before opening again tomorrow, and I knew he wouldn't want to do that in the morning.

Marty was not a morning person. At all. If it wasn't for owning that store, and the responsibilities that came with it, he'd be fully nocturnal.

This was what made me rush to get everything completely done. Because I knew both my guests could eat a whole lot, I made sure to make extra sides. There was warm buns, salad, a fruit salad from all the fruit Derek decided to buy at the farmers market, and fried asparagus, in addition to the roasted potatoes and veggies that cooked perfectly with the salmon.