41. Soft Kitty, Warm Kitty, Little Ball of Fur

Happy Holidays Ya Filthy Animals!
Whether you celebrate anything or don't, I hope y'all got in some good family time (if they respect you, fuck the ones who don't idc.) and just a much needed mental break.
I love y'all so so much!
I've had back to back trips for Halloween, Turkey Day, Christmas, and New Years... so these chapters are just popping up whenever I can get them uploaded
But enjoy the lil holiday gift, and more that will be coming before New Years :)

Derek

I slept pretty much all day

At least that's what my phone's clock told me as I rolled over only to be blinded by the screen light. It was now so late now, the sky had darkened all over again.

And for the first time in what might've been ever, as soon as I got up, I regretted this deep sleep.

John had since left, but I saw a text he sent right before boarding his flight to let me know it was on time.
I also found the handwritten note he left. And I'd be telling a whole bold face lie if I said that didn't make my cheeks heat up like a freaking furnace. It just reminded me of every last second we had spent together between yesterday and today... which made me regret missing when he left even more.

I tried to tell myself it was fine as I got up and started to tidy up a bit, but the scent of John lingered everywhere. All I wanted to do was curl back into bed and pretend he was still here, which trust and believe I knew was crossing into dangerous territory.

And I knew it was dangerous because I had absolutely never felt this way about any of my previous partners before.

The week John was gone for felt like shit. It was even shittier because in addition to not seeing him around the Ivanov Corp office from Monday to Friday, he and I were finding it hard to jump on the phone for a call, and I instead had to deal with Alex and Christian's weirdness at the office alone.

Alex was for the most part alright, he was just still coming to terms with the fact that between him and Joan, he really was my only lifeline to this newly found gay lifestyle. Joan insisted I direct all questions to Alex, reminding us that it was her who had to answer all my more... direct heterosexual inquiries over the years. This just meant that Alex was doing his best to avoid me for all non-work related discussions like his life depended on it.

Christian, on the other hand, was just downright staring. All day. For starters, he was still carrying that damn megaphone around which was subsequently putting us all on our best behavior.

"John isn't even in this state this week, you can lose the megaphone Christian." Alex told him in passing when they both left the third floor's conference room. They had been using that space a lot, which felt like a fucking waste of time for me personally cause I couldn't even stare at John aimlessly this week while he did a bunch of important looking work related stuff.