22. Yes, We Will

Might be a double upload because I can't sleep, but we shall see
Enjoy, lovelies!
xoxo

Derek

The events that had taken place over the last week called for a regroup at Tully's Monday night

Joan and I were a bit hesitant to recommend Tully's because Alex was no longer drinking, but he assured us he'd be fine, and he surprisingly was.

He asked Tully for a Jack and Coke, hold the Jack. Tully looked at him weird a moment before pouring the soda, but as soon as Alex saw him start to unscrew the Jack Daniels cap, Alex stopped him.

"I'm serious," he told Tully. Tully's eyebrows raised at that.

"Never thought I'd see the day." Our good friend and bartender replied, passing just the coke across the bar table to Alex. "I thought you were pulling my leg."

Alex shook his head. "Nah I'm officially off the sweet nectar of the gods. Addiction has been running rampant in the family for too long, so I'm breaking generational curses or whatever the hell the kids are saying these days."

That got Tully laughing, and he gave Alex a courtesy top off with more coke after he took his first sip.

I'm sure the coke was cheaper than the Jack Daniels anyways. Made me wonder how much money I'd be saving if I quit drinking...

And thus the group delved into our usual gossip. We started with Alex and how his honeymoon went.

"It was incredible," Alex gushed excitedly. "He made my dream a reality. Literally. He booked a last minute stay in Tahiti and Bora Bora, and while my dreamland fictional butler Jer Jer wasn't there, we did have personal staff bringing round the clock virgin cocktails for the days we sat on the beach doing absolutely nothing. It was literally a dream. One that only included me and him- no offense. I love you guys but having that much alone time with my b-husband," Alex corrected himself, "was seriously needed."

I smiled at that, remembering the dream Alex had told us about during one of our gossip meetings at work. He was trying to explain how he managed to get that gash on his forehead, and why Christian spent the night at his place.

Whenever Christian wasn't torturing the innocent, he was obviously taking time to be a good husband to Alex, and that's all I could asked for.

Alex kept his telling of events brief, clearly trying to tap dance over all the sexy sexy time I'm sure the two had. Joan, being Joan, pushed for at least some of the romantic and naughty details.

All I could do was have a little silent freak out as Alex dished out the deets, because I knew it was going to be my turn to share the events of the week soon... and I was nervous as all hell all of a sudden.

"Enough about my sex life, please, this prodding should be reserved for Derek."

Great. Thanks, Alex.