36. Pineapple

I was in the fight of my life tryna get this transition chapter written, so hopefully it doesn't suck.
The next chapter or two is straight smut (I'm so mf excited) which I'm still working on writing, but they should (universe willing) go up before I'm out of town this Thursday!
Enjoy, m'lovelies
xoxo

John

Driving Derek home had to be top five on the list of shit I was hoping I just wouldn't have to do

But alas, here we were.

I helped him pack up everything, watching on with surprised levels of excitement, as he showed me his pet Shima and just how he went about feeding him. It was the cutest thing- the Tamagotchi. I made a silent promise to the little guy that I would answer all his pressing questions at a later date, seeing as how I had to get his dad home soon.

I insisted Derek take the rest of the packed up leftovers. He told me he shouldn't clear me out, but I reminded him that Marty had openly packed three additional servings, and Derek couldn't let that human vacuum of a man one up him like that.

I could tell Derek had picked up on the fact that Marty would eat anything, and therefore couldn't appreciate the meal like he did. That was enough insisting for him to get some Tupperware packed in a bag.

-

We were now on the freeway, heading back to Derek's place. My hand was on his thigh again cause it just felt like it fit there. His hand was rested over mine comfortably while he stared out the window at the changing scenery.

I decided I felt comfortable enough to ask him about the more prominent question weighing on my mind today. "What was going on with you and Marty?"

Derek turned back to me from his gaze out the window, as the city slowly came into view.

"You two seemed to work some things out when I was gone," I added.

Derek's cheeks grew rosy. "Y-Yeah we um- we had a conversation."

"A conversation?" I asked.

"You um..." Derek continued, "you never mentioned you and Marty dated."

Oh.

I focused back on the road again.

Right.

"Or that he was... well, that he was asexual."

Oh...

Right.

Yep, nope I definitely forgot about that one too.

I pulled my eyes away from the long stretch of the freeway to glance back at Derek. "I'm so sorry, I completely forgot about Marty and I's... unique dynamic. I swear we're just good friends now."