39. Butter My Southern Pecan

I'm backkkkkk :)
Haha hello lovelies!
I hope you all had one absolutely amazing Halloween if you celebrate
I was in NOLA for it, then got back to a snow storm in MN last Monday because this state hates us fr
Had to buy a new car, and work was a shit storm to return to... so I said fuck it and took last week off from writing to regroup
But I'm back baby!
This one's a bit of a fluff/filler chapter, but the next one will be straight fire- I promise, m'loves <3
xoxo

Derek

I couldn't remember when I fell asleep

I couldn't remember when I fell asleep. All I remembered was John seemingly molding into the comfort of my mattress, pulling me into him on his side till my back was flushed against his firm bare chest. He smelt beyond words incredible, and with his skin now exposed from the lack clothing, that distinct scent flooded both my senses and my sheets.

All I could hope was that his scent lingered into the satin fabric. I didn't know when he'd have to leave, or whether I'd be awake for it, so I savored what moments of bliss I felt as sleep won this intense game of tug and war.

When I awoke again, I could see it was now pitch black outside from the window adjacent to my bed. There was rain pouring down heavily against the apartment complex, with each droplet hitting the side of the window panel with some vengeance. I couldn't tell what time it was, nor did I feel like stretching my arm off the side of the bed in hopes of turning my alarm clock around to face me.

At first I blamed that one on sheer laziness, but when I felt an arm tighten itself on my torso, pulling me even closer against the slow breathes that were now fanning the soft hairs on the nape of my neck, I realized that the time right now didn't really concern me.

I melted against John's warmth. I wanted to feel more of him, and his massive self that was like a gentle heater against my cold skin. I hadn't noticed at first, but the cooler breeze flowing through the room made me realize John had cracked the window at some point. It wasn't open enough for rain to get through, just enough for the cool air that accompanied the storm, to push fresh air into the room. It felt like... fall. Or like a scene in Hocus Pocus. Pumpkin spice, candle lights, and everything nice.

There was something else though- something that would complete this cozy feeling entirely. Something that would unfortunately require me to leave this but of warmth... but only for a second. And the risk was well worth it.

Something like Southern Butter Pecan ice cream.

I did my best to slowly shimmy out of John's surprisingly tight grasp. His arm had literally wrapped itself around my waist fully, then tucked itself under to keep me in place. After the first few seconds, I felt whatever progress I made, completely shatter when John's arm readjusted again.

"Whereya going?" He whispered roughly near my ear, with sleep still weighing heavily in his voice. I felt my body shudder at the sudden noise, the proximity, and they way in which he said those words.