Manlee Men

~ Te Amo ~
————

Eliza, Mika, Bose, Miles and Chapa were in the Man's Nest, watching a scary movie. Eliza was sitting next to Bose and he had his knees to his chest while leaning against her. A jump scare came on and he used the strings on his hoodie to tighten the hood around his face.

"What are you watching?" A voice came from behind them and they all screamed and Bose turned around and buried his face in the crook of Eliza's neck as Chapa zapped the person and they heard a familiar scream.

"Wait a sec, I know that 'ayyy'." Mika said as she turned on the lights and paused the movie. Schwoz came in covered in mud and picked up a package. "Sorry, Schwoz." Chapa apologised.

"Don't worry about me, worry about my package." Schwoz said as he checked on the box. "Why do you look like you fell in a mud puddle?" Eliza asked.

"I was coming back from the post-office when I tripped and fell into the Swellview swamp." He explained and Bose stood up from the couch. "Oh, so obvious now." He said.

"So, what'd ya get?" Eliza asked Schwoz. "It's a beautiful plant from my home land." He said while holding up a rock.

"That's a rock." Chapa pointed out.

"No." Schwoz denied. "It's a plant."

"Pretty sure that's a rock my guy." Miles said from the other side of the couch. "A geode if I'm not mistaken." Bose said.

"No, trust me, it's a plant. It just needs water. 14,000 gallons to be exact." Schwoz said and pressed a button. "That's a lot of water." Eliza said as something came up from the stairs.

"Hey, Tiny Ray is still here." Bose pointed out and they noticed Tiny Ray was sleeping before he noticed the group, he picked up his doll thingy and ran out the door screaming and shouting gibberish.

Schwoz picked up a hose and started watering the plant. Ray then came in. "I got great news!" He shouted before he kicked the TV making it fall over. Bose tried to save the TV with his telekinesis but he was struggling so Eliza super speed towards the TV and picked it back up and stood it straight again.

"Dude!" She shouted as one of the speakers fell on her foot. "Shh, news!" Ray said as he turned on the news on the man's nest screen. Eliza rolled her eyes and picked up the speaker and placed it back on the shelf as Bose went over to her. "You okay?" He asked her.

"Yeah, I'm fine. You?" She asked. "I'm fine." He said with a smile

They turned their attention back on the news. "Breaking news, kids hate the news." Trent said and Eliza nodded in agreement.

"That's right Trent." Mary agreed. "So as a shameless play for younger viewers attention, our bosses hired a pair of child reporters." Math explained.

"Their twins." Trent said.

"From the Swellview fashion show, please welcome Finn and Gwen." Mary said.

"Their twins." Trent repeated.

Then two kids came in the screen, one girl and one boy. "Those aren't twins! Why is the news lying to us?" Bose asked as he grabbed a bottle of coloured soda and lunged towards the screen but Eliza and Schwoz held him back.